Thread: Terrova Help

Terrova Help

I have a Terrova US2 trolling motor connected with a Helix 9. I have already had the transducer replaced once on the motor and now the Helix reads `1.9 feet...it will be fine for about 5-10 minutes after I turn it on and then flips to 1.9 feet and stays that way..does this sound like a problem with the Helix 9 or the transducer..been very frustrated with the Terrova and looking to possibly upgrade to the Ulterra. I am by avbsolutely no means an expert on these..I have upgraded the software on it as well. Any help of what I may need to do or should I just have it taken to the warranty place (again..)..

I notived my Mega 9 flipping depths some the other night as well and am assuming I need to update the software or is this just a problem with Humminbird and I need to gegt Lowrance? Just very frustrated so far..

Anyway any help would be awesome..thanks

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hydroplane76k View Post
    I have a Terrova US2 trolling motor connected with a Helix 9. I have already had the transducer replaced once on the motor and now the Helix reads `1.9 feet...it will be fine for about 5-10 minutes after I turn it on and then flips to 1.9 feet and stays that way..does this sound like a problem with the Helix 9 or the transducer..been very frustrated with the Terrova and looking to possibly upgrade to the Ulterra. I am by avbsolutely no means an expert on these..I have upgraded the software on it as well. Any help of what I may need to do or should I just have it taken to the warranty place (again..)..

I notived my Mega 9 flipping depths some the other night as well and am assuming I need to update the software or is this just a problem with Humminbird and I need to gegt Lowrance? Just very frustrated so far..

Anyway any help would be awesome..thanks
    Im having the exact same problem. 1.9' I dont think my Terrova has anything to do with it.

3. Member
    Just not sure if it is unit or the transducer. I actually thought about going
    to Lowrance units but if the us2 is the issue that will not help me out at all.

4. Banned
    I don’t think it’s the transducer, there was another thread about updates possibly causing this issue. I disconnected my US2 and put a high def TD on the bottom for my Terrova going to my Helix 9 sidi works good.

5. Member
    What happens if you set the depth from auto to manual 50' ?