Thread: Bilge pumps

Bilge pumps

Hi
    Have a 2005 tr21x and want to know how to access the bilge pumps.
    Cheers
    2005 TR21X 2005 Optimax 225

Serious question? It sucks. Remove everything attached to the access panel: batteries, oil reservoir, charger, etc. Also remove the rear hatch so you can lay across the back deck to reach down in.

I disconnected the remote oil fill hose from the oil reservoir and put a regular cap on the tank. I was able to prop up the tank above the opening sitting on a piece of plywood without disconnecting the hoses. I never reconnected the remote oil fill hose because as soon as I do, I'll have to go back in!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    Thanks mate. Sounds like a lot of work. I'll give it to the boat shop
    2005 TR21X 2005 Optimax 225

Honestly, I wouldn't trust a boat shop to take my boat apart to get to the bilge unless there was work needed beyond my capabilities. I had to replace 4 livewells pumps a couple of years ago and did it myself at my pace. I kept the OEM connectors from the original pumps and soldered them to the new pumps and used heat think tubing. Also sealed everything with 3M 4200. Before doing the pumps, everything below the plate was a mystery. Now I know exactly how all of the pumps, including the recirc pumps with Max Air, works.

I've worked as a field service engineer for the same company for >37 years, I prefer to do my own wiring for livewells pumps and graphs.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870