Livescope at 48’.

I used the Livescope yesterday on Lake Superior Whitefish here on Flathead Lake. What a tool that thing is! They’re just starting to gather so the schools are moving around a lot. We had a lot of times where we would catch a fish and look at the screen and the fish were gone! Must have been spooking. I could search around us and find the school again and move boat back over them. We caught fish every time we got back on em. It’s like watching an aquarium sometimes. I could see bigger lake trout appear and rush into the school and scatter them. A lot of the time I could see my 3/8 oz. jig too, but with all of those fish it was hard to see specific fish hitting the jig. There were a couple of times when I was able to target suspended aggressive lakers and actually catch them. I just went to using my Livescope on the 126 Ultra on full screen up front. I know it’s been said a thousand times before but it really is a “game changer”. Used to be we’d go fishless for an hour because the school has moved and we would just wait until they came back. Pretty sure that’s why so many people pack up and leave after watching us catch fish and they couldn’t.
    https://youtu.be/wu5-WFydMRI

2. Member
    That's pretty cool. Now where's the pic of the fish in the boat?
    Wes

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    10 hours today that’s probably 1000 plus since I bought it and still see new stuff can’t fish with out it!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D Dad View Post
    That's pretty cool. Now where's the pic of the fish in the boat?
    IMG_1844.jpg\IMG_1845.jpgIMG_1868.jpgIMG_1874.jpgIMG_1880.jpgIMG_1864.jpg
    We threw back as many as possible. I figured out if I let them flop around in the net in the water a little they will often get rid of the hook, but if I mess with them much their mouths get messed up and have to keep them. Always take a small cooler or you'll end up with too many!

5. Banned
    Arent them white fish suppose to be excellent eating.?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    Arent them white fish suppose to be excellent eating.?
    They are excellent eating. Our Lake Superior Whitefish up here have a thin layer of red fat next to the skin that you have to trim off. If you take that off they're as mild as walleye. There used to be a guy up here that was set up to buy them from fishermen and process them for all of the local restaurants, but he died and that went away. You can keep like 100/day and possession, but I would hate to fillet that many. They fight harder pound for pound than any other fish I've ever caught. I fried a batch last night, and a buddy smoked a batch from Saturday and they were great.

7. Member
    Haven't tried them smoked. I quit keeping them because they suck to clean and are hell on filet knives.
    They are fun to catch though.
    Have you tried the livescope any deeper?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamMule View Post
    Haven't tried them smoked. I quit keeping them because they suck to clean and are hell on filet knives.
    They are fun to catch though.
    Have you tried the livescope any deeper?
    About 65' is the deepest so far. I haven't done any trolling yet. I kind of get stuck on the jigging any more.

9. Member
    I hear that. Jigging is just so much more productive. And fun!