Unhappy Vesselview Mobile - problem

Hey all,

Thanks for letting me in :-)

Vesselview Mobile - I have successfully (probably...) installed a Vesselview Mobile to my Mercury f115 exlpt efi (2016). When power is on I get connected and everything works fine, I get full information about my engine etc. But as soon as I start the engine I get disconnected, and when I turn of the engine I get connected again. Any ideas why this happen, as for now it's useless for me... I recorded a video to show the problem:

It shouldn't be a smartphone issue, because It works fine when power is on but engine is off...

Any of you who have had the same problem?

Thanks in advance

Sten, SWEDEN

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sten- look at the location of the VVM Module and see if perhaps it can be re-routed to obtain a cleaner "line of sight" signal to your Smartphone.

Also, monitor the lights on the module when this is occurring, and see if you are losing them (going out).

If the lights remain lit, and you are not able to relocate it, it may be necessary to get an extension harness and move the module outside the cowling, closer to (or even better yet- AT) the helm.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor