Thread: Zx20 prop help

Zx20 prop help

I’m sure this has been asked before but looking for help on a prop for my zx20 with 250 sho. Running a scorpion 25, which everyone says runs stiff and I agree, can only turn it 5500. I’ve heard the 25-t2 and 26fxp are the best for this boat but have heard of prople running tempest also. Just curious what everyone found best for theirs, thanks!

I am running a 25-T1 and am getting 70mph at max RPM, I also know there is more to this set-up. I have tried a Ballistic 25 as well and same results as the T1.

3. Member
    Thank you, I can hit anywhere from 71-72 consistently with me my gear and 3/4 tank or so, have seen 73. Thought if I could get my rpm up closer to 6k I could add a little more speed but maybe I’m wrong?

My backup is a 24 scorpion... I've busted both the T1 and thru a blade on the T2.. Yamaha is supposed to be replacing the T2 because it had porosity in the blade.. The t1 team better, 75 at 6200. The t2 ran about 4 mph slower at the same time. I can run 70 with the scorpion but it won't get the rpms up past 5700. Gonna try another tempest plus and I've been recommended by a couple of guys I know personally to try a fury. The boat is no speed demon for sure but the mid 70s just feels a ton faster that 68 with a load...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

5. Member
    27 T1 has been the best on my zx20. Hit 75 by myself pretty normally and my prop is beat up. Running dual talons and tournament load.

6. Member
    ZX20 with a 26 FXP turning 6200 at 74 loaded with both tanks and partner as well as both livewell a full. I do have a lot of prop slip (18%)