Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

long pants are shorts when fishing summer

When fishing summer do you wear long pants are shorts?
    Do you wear short sleeve are long sleeve shirt?

I ware long sleeve shirts a lot but wear shorts thinking about going a lite long pants.
    Last edited by tharris811; 07-14-2019 at 07:04 AM.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

2. Banned
    I suggest spellcheck.....

3. Member
    For our six weeks of summer here in the far north, I always wear shorts and usually a white, pull over, long sleeve performance type material shirt. Open air Shimano rubber fishing shoes on the feet (no flip flops).

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    I suggest spellcheck.....
    Well, is all I can say. I would hate to be such a small & insecure person I had to point out everyone mistake to make myself fill better. I am happy I made your day . But please know this people don't think of you as smarter they just see a insecure pos that make other people not really want to post. So next time little smaall person keep your commments to yourself.. Oh I made your day again you can point out my sppeling agan..
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    Well, is all I can say. I would hate to be such a small & insecure person I had to point out everyone mistake to make myself fill better. I am happy I made your day . But please know this people don't think of you as smarter they just see a insecure pos that make other people not really want to post. So next time little smaall person keep your commments to yourself.. Oh I made your day again you can point out my sppeling agan..
    well.....excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!

Shorts
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

7. Member
    -long sleeve unless sunrise short trip. I have been in shorts forever, but am shopping for a cool, lightweight, long pant to fish in.
    1985 Ranger 340v w/ 1985 Johnson GT150 Crossflow
    2018 BassCat Pantera Classic w/ 2018 Mercury 200 ProXS

8. Member
    I think a light pant is as cool as shorts, if I’m wearing shorts, it’s a swim suit and I’ll jump in. I prefer a long sleeve hoodie these days for sun protection.

9. Member
    long sleeve performance shirt and shorts usually
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

10. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I got 6-7 pair of “fishing shorts” at Walmart and they’re great! They’re not too long but they have enough pockets that I keep what I need in them. This is the first year I have been wearing a long sleeve fishing shirt in the Florida summer. The amount of sun they keep off of me keeps me going a little while longer and I don’t have to put sunscreen on my arms.

Last weekend I knew I was only going to fish from 6-11am so I threw on gym shorts and a short sleeve fishing shirt, it was great but even in that short amount of time the sun really got me. Central Florida has been pretty brutal with high temps and the sun this year.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

11. Member
    Depends alot on how much time you spend on the water? Once or twice a week, wear whatever is comfortable. I fish 4-6 times a week in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Once it gets over 70 I am Huk type gear until Fall. I prefer lightweight pants, lightweight long sleeve shirts, lightweight hat etc. I cover my face and neck as well.
    Sunscreen and shorts are only for beaches and bbq's anymore personally.

12. Member
    Long sleeve and pants all year round.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    Long sleeve and pants all year round.
    Pretty much, same here. Specifically these pants. They are extremely light weight and with the sun not beating on my legs they actually keep me cooler than shorts. I don't mess with the sun.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2IV7U6...ter_B00L3KKTQ6

I don't always wear long sleeves, but I usually wear these if I don't wear long sleeves:
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Colu...page-CFZS.html

I also wear sungloves: https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Colu...cpage-TTG.html

and a face buff:https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Colu...cpage-FZ2.html

I'm usually on the lake from sun up until around 6-7pm when I do go fishing. In the summertime this can be up to 12+ hours in the sun and I really don't like to use sunscreen anywhere except for my face. All of this stuff keeps me feeling cooler than my friends who call it quits around 2-3pm because of the heat and they are wearing t-shirts and
    shorts... I don't mess around when it comes to the sun, I have a family to take care of, and being sunburnt is a miserable feeling!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4 View Post
    Pretty much, same here. Specifically these pants. They are extremely light weight and with the sun not beating on my legs they actually keep me cooler than shorts. I don't mess with the sun.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2IV7U6...ter_B00L3KKTQ6

I don't always wear long sleeves, but I usually wear these if I don't wear long sleeves:
    https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Colu...page-CFZS.html

I also wear sungloves: https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Colu...cpage-TTG.html

and a face buff:https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Colu...cpage-FZ2.html

I'm usually on the lake from sun up until around 6-7pm when I do go fishing. In the summertime this can be up to 12+ hours in the sun and I really don't like to use sunscreen anywhere except for my face. All of this stuff keeps me feeling cooler than my friends who call it quits around 2-3pm because of the heat and they are wearing t-shirts and
    shorts... I don't mess around when it comes to the sun, I have a family to take care of, and being sunburnt is a miserable feeling!
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

15. Fishing is a Passion
    Long sleeve and shorts and not cargo shorts
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

16. Banned
    long sleeve shirt and pants. I wear the same style of pants 7 days a week, 365 a year. Eddie bauer lite weight, look like khakis but lighter, wrinkle free and quick dry. They come in about 10 different colors.

17. Member
    shorts - need whatever wind there might be to help cool me by blowing on the sweat running down my legs. But a long sleeve shirt anymore - had my first skin cancer removed off my neck less than a month ago, so trying to slow down the issues.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8theB8 View Post
    Depends alot on how much time you spend on the water? Once or twice a week, wear whatever is comfortable. I fish 4-6 times a week in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Once it gets over 70 I am Huk type gear until Fall. I prefer lightweight pants, lightweight long sleeve shirts, lightweight hat etc. I cover my face and neck as well.
    Sunscreen and shorts are only for beaches and bbq's anymore personally.
    +1^^^^^ a lot of times to fend off friggin' biting flies...but we all know too much sun can be a bad thing as well

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

19. Member
    Long sleeves long pants year round
    Please release me,let me go.

20. Member
    As I've gotten older, I use the freeze technology long sleeve shirts. Starting wearing long pants this year. Don't be sensitive about spelling - if a word is misspelled, it will be underlined in red when you hit the space bar. If you right click the word, it'll give suggestions.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast