Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    I’m talking about the DC charger that does NOT plug in to the wall outlet. I think you are talking about the AC charger. We’re talking about different things here, unless you have an older model no longer being made? Or a custom job where it was somehow programmed to charge a 36v battery from the AC unit instead of the DC unit?

The DC charger is the one in this photo, except mine is black. I think these were originally made by Stealth 1:

https://www.lithiumpros.com/product/lithium-pros-m3140-36ck-36v40ah-deep-cycle-lithium-ion-battery-kit/

This is a photo I found and the one on the left is the AC unit that plugs into the wall. The right side looks like an older version of the DC unit:

This is a photo I found and the one on the left is the AC unit that plugs into the wall. The right side looks like an older version of the DC unit.
    I believe some of the older units had a red led to show the system is on. Is your DC unit black or blue?

2. Member
    I think mine is blue but I’ll have to look. I took it out a few weeks ago for the reasons discussed here.

3. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    toofy you are correct. I get confused between AC and DC sometimes. My AC unit plugs into the wall outlet and has the 2 LED lights. The top unit (mine are stacked) is blue and built specifically for a 36V TM system. Yes that is the one charging the TM batteries while on the water and running. I noticed it does not do much to bring the TM battery up unless I mmake long runs at significant RPM's though.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyFishing View Post
    I noticed it does not do much to bring the TM battery up unless I mmake long runs at significant RPM's though.
    My understanding is that this is because the big motor recharges the 12v battery connected to the big motor. Only when that 12v battery is almost topped off does the DC charger start drawing power to charge the 36v battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12