Lowrance Exchange / Refurb Replacement Policy

Just wondering what the experience has been like with CS on a unit that is out of warranty. The graph on the bow needs to be serviced. It sounds like they really don't offer service of any kind. It's more of an exchange program.

Just trying to understand cost. I was happy with the GEN3 and wouldn't mind going that route but always get nervous about refurb. It might end up "cheaper" to upgrade to Live or even a Carbon at this point. Anyone have any experience working with them. Closed and will get the full story Monday morning.

2. Member
    Since you're going to be sending them $$$$ you'll probably get one quicker than you would if your dealing with a warranty replacement. But, you're probably better off checking the electronics swap and trade section on here for another Gen 3.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If they give you a trade for $$$ I want to say that there is only a 6 month warranty on the "new to you" unit. So you weigh your options on getting a refurb unit vs. New unit with full warranty.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    I believe it's the remainder of your warranty or 6 months which ever is longer.

5. Member
    Many people wisely sell their units and upgrade to a new one at the end of the warranty period. It's tough not having that warranty with the ticket price on these units.
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbmitch View Post
    I believe it's the remainder of your warranty or 6 months which ever is longer.
    Yes thats correct with a unit that still has warranty but he states his is out of warranty.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Here is my limited experience with Lowrance support/warranty.

I bought a used 2014 Ranger that came with a pair of HDS 12 Gen 2 Touches. I also have a friend who had the exact same setup even the same year, model, and he was also the second owner. This past June, while fishing a tournament in an all-day rain, my bow unit filled with water. And I mean filled. My friend, who was fishing in this same tournament, also in the rain, had his console unit's Pages button fail.

So both of us with the same year and model equipment, both second owners, had different HDS 12 Gen 2 Touches fail on the same day, in the same weather. Both units were outside of the original 2 year warranty, but both just within the 5 year extended warranty for upgrading.

We both called Lowrance customer support. After some haggling, Lowrance agreed to send me a replacement HDS 12 Gen 3 Touch for $595.

For my friend, Lowrance customer support agreed to send him a replacement/refurbished HDS 12 Gen 2 touch at no charge.

We both received our replacement units. As it turns out, they sent both of us what appear to be new HDS 12 Carbons. My friend paid $0. I paid $595.

In the end, I'm happy to have paid $600 for the HDS 12 Carbon unit, but a bit miffed that my friend wasn't charged. Good for him, but definitely not an equal resolution.

8. Member
    Some interesting feedback and thanks to all that have contributed. It appears everyone has had their own experience.

I have talked to them twice, first time in response to my message over the weekend and second because based on feedback I never thought they would call so I reached out to them. Both were consistent with their message , no worries, we can cover it and well get you back on the water soon. I've found them helpful up to this point. I'm at work now but based on the second conversation it might be recoverable. I told them I've tied the soft/hard reset and they said there are some other troubleshooting they want to do.

Not what I expected so far so we will see how this pans out. Whistler , interesting to hear your outcome. Maybe it's the ole attract more bees with honey line or they will kick me in the gut later.

9. Member
    I used plenty of honey.

10. Member
    Well the verdict is in. The consumer is guilty on all charges....lol.

I spent about an hour and half on the phone and short of begging, borrowing and stealing they aren't moving. They offered a current Gen 3 (9") with a 6 month warranty at $625 , the 9" Carbon at $1045 and the Gen3 12" at $1145 and the 12" Carbon at $1245.

I wish I had more confidence in the reliability and am going to take a serious look at Garmins and the Birds. Maybe a bad apple , maybe not.Based off my personal experience Lowrance just might lose me a customer. By no means was it a nightmare or bad experience. Just slow to get response and the fact the wouldn't do anymore means they are directed no more, no less. Lots of companies provide MEH. I guess the good news is putting together a new package with eyes wide open.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Well the verdict is in. The consumer is guilty on all charges....lol.

I spent about an hour and half on the phone and short of begging, borrowing and stealing they aren't moving. They offered a current Gen 3 (9") with a 6 month warranty at $625 , the 9" Carbon at $1045 and the Gen3 12" at $1145 and the 12" Carbon at $1245.

I wish I had more confidence in the reliability and am going to take a serious look at Garmins and the Birds. Maybe a bad apple , maybe not.Based off my personal experience Lowrance just might lose me a customer. By no means was it a nightmare or bad experience. Just slow to get response and the fact the wouldn't do anymore means they are directed no more, no less. Lots of companies provide MEH. I guess the good news is putting together a new package with eyes wide open.

Sorry to hear they didn't make you a better offer. Their response seems to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Regarding other brands, I own or have owned several Hummingbirds including a 798, 999, 1198, 1199, Helix 7 G2 DI, and currently have a Helix 12 Mega G2N mounted beside my Carbon 12. All of them are still functioning without issue. Did have a transducer or two replaced by Humminbird at no charge to me.

Good luck with whatever you decide.