Question Mountain Home To Lake Hamilton ?

Can anybody suggest the best (easiest) drive from Mountain Home to Lake Hamilton ?
    Looking at coming down for the FLW CUP in August.
    Thanks in advance for any info..
    LK
    Last edited by tiffytilly; 07-29-2019 at 09:40 AM.

2. Member
    Yellville to Marshall, to Conway, to Little Rock, after you get to Benton at the Home Depot get in the center lane and stay there until exit 111 for hwy 70 after getting into Hot Springs take a right at the second light it will be Convention Blvd. which is where the expo will be,

I have not heard which ramp will be used,

If you need more info let me know, I reverse the trip to Cotter every chance I get, maybe in a couple of weeks!!

3. Member
    Thank you. Very helpful info.
    BTW, they are taking off at the Andrew Hulsey Fish Hatchery.

4. Member
    The Hatchery is "across" town on the south side of the lake.

I would suggest Hwy 128 to 290 instead of through town, or if you want to go straight to the ramp and avoid Hot Springs go to Malvern exit 97 and avoid the traffic.

5. Member
    Going to be a zoo in the lake!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

6. Member
    First thanks Jeffie for the previous info. Another question?
    I'll be staying in Benton and want to go to the Vexus meet & greet Saturday morning.
    How long do you estimate the trip from Benton to Trader Bill's marina? Thanks in advance.

We’ve just added another stop to our Revolution Tour. Forrest L. Wood and several other members of the Vexus® team will be at Trader Bill’s Outdoor Sports in Hot Springs, Arkansas, on August 10th from 8:00 am – 10:00 am. We’re looking forward to visiting with lots of old (and new) friends, telling stories, and enjoying a great breakfast together. We’d like to invite you to stop by and have a cup of coffee with us, ask us questions, and even grab a picture with Forrest. A fiberglass VX20 and VX21 will be on display, along with a selection of our AVX Glass-Infused Aluminum Hybrids™. Following breakfast, we’ll move to the water where demonstration rides will be given at Brady Mountain Resort on Lake Ouachita from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. If you’re interested in taking a demo ride, please email info@vexusboats.com to reserve your spot. We hope to see you there!

Trader Bill’s Outdoor Sports
    1530 Albert Pike
    Hot Springs, AR 71913

7. Member
    depending on where in Benton, about 45 minutes,

About 18 miles from the interstate take the 70/270 bypass to the end, you will be looking at the face of a mountain, be in the right lane and it will put you on Albert Pike, Trader Bills will be slightly over a mile on the left in front of Walmart. After leaving the interstate you should have a straight forward drive.

Tiffytilly, could you add any knowledge to this thread? http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=999511

8. Member
    Thanks Jeffie. I also replied to that other thread. But here it is again.
    They call it a White River Rig. At least the one guide I knew called it that. I use a small swivel and then a palomar knot with a long tag end 6"-9" and then tie on a bell sinker.
    Picture attached. It's a little hard to see, sorry.
    20190805_080903 (Medium).jpg