Looking to try a few new rods

Best $100 black rod ?

Im in the market for a couple new Cheap rods. I have been using Abu Garcia Vendettas for a couple years now and have broke 4 of them so far and also have problems with eyes popping out. ABSOLUTE JUNK!

Im Happy with all my higher end lews rods but not a fan of the cheaper ones they offer.

So far I have seen few Falcon & Ark rods that I like.

Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by BearCreek; 07-13-2019 at 07:45 PM.

2. Member
    St. Croix is worth a look, I’ve heard good things about the Dobyn’s Base models but I only have the champions and up. Most retailers should have plenty of this price point, go play and see what feels good your hand.

3. Member
    You can get certain model Daiwa Tatulas for about $100-$110 on sportsmans outfitters instead of $160. They have them at some Dick's Sporting Goods in store so you can check them out.

4. Member
    St Croix Bass X are great rods for the money. I have the 7’0” med-fast rod that I use for top water and crankbaits and couldn’t be happier with it
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Banned
    I would recommend falcon. The tatulas are really nice rods too but I don’t care for the reel seat they use.

6. Member
    Fenwick HMGs aren't bad.

7. Banned
    https://www.outdoorproshop.com/Uribe...-riverside.htm

Also see if You can run across some No.8™ rods; they were in cahoots with 13Fishing™ <--- These guys have a few on Clearance @TackleWhorehouse™..

I use my No.8 Hellbent for my Frog rod 3x-5x a week all year.. Even has cork..

8. Banned
    ARK Sniper on sale at TW. I got a 7' MH rod, and am liking it.

9. Member
    I haven't tried the cheaper models, but I haven't found anything I don't like about iRods, so the iRod Fiber is in the $100 range I'd recommend.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    https://www.outdoorproshop.com/Uribe...-riverside.htm

Also see if You can run across some No.8™ rods; they were in cahoots with 13Fishing™ <--- These guys have a few on Clearance @TackleWhorehouse™..

I use my No.8 Hellbent for my Frog rod 3x-5x a week all year.. Even has cork..
    Never heard of Uribe rods before, the twisted guides remind me of the old quantum flipping rods. Wonder if Joe Uribe Jr owns the company. They look really nice though!
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

11. Member
    Look at ALX rods ,they are built in your home state
    www.alxrods.com

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Never heard of Uribe rods before, the twisted guides remind me of the old quantum flipping rods. Wonder if Joe Uribe Jr owns the company. They look really nice though!

If He does He didn't use them here:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Joe_...-CLEARJOE.html

Looks like Uribe Rods™ is looking for Pro Staff:

https://uribefishing.com

13. Banned
    We all know what fishing rods go through. Not only when the bite is on but also when storing and transporting them. Stuff happens, right? You don't have to worry about telling us a whole story about why and how it happened. We just want to get you back on the water as quick as possible doing what we all want to be doing, which is catching fish. So let's keep this simple......
    If your Uribe rod breaks for any reason within the first year from the purchase date you can request a one time replacement of the same model for a reasonable fee. The original owner can request a new rod by emailing info@uribefishing.com and supplying an image of their receipt if purchased at a store. We'll have you on file if you purchased directly from us.
    Special warranty pricing is $60 plus shipping for all Riverside models. You must return the rod handle including the logo before we can ship out your replacement. We do not need the entire rod back which makes it easy to return. Once we get the handle and collect your info and payment we'll get a brand new Uribe replacement rod out to you....No questions asked!
    Now get out there and catch some fish. We've got you covered.
    ​

They haven't 1 negative review and it is at a price-point I won't choke at...

14. Member
    Daiwa Tatula

15. Member
    I have had GREAT experiences with Okuma TCS rods. look it up on interwebs for best price.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    We all know what fishing rods go through. Not only when the bite is on but also when storing and transporting them. Stuff happens, right? You don't have to worry about telling us a whole story about why and how it happened. We just want to get you back on the water as quick as possible doing what we all want to be doing, which is catching fish. So let's keep this simple......
    If your Uribe rod breaks for any reason within the first year from the purchase date you can request a one time replacement of the same model for a reasonable fee. The original owner can request a new rod by emailing info@uribefishing.com and supplying an image of their receipt if purchased at a store. We'll have you on file if you purchased directly from us.
    Special warranty pricing is $60 plus shipping for all Riverside models. You must return the rod handle including the logo before we can ship out your replacement. We do not need the entire rod back which makes it easy to return. Once we get the handle and collect your info and payment we'll get a brand new Uribe replacement rod out to you....No questions asked!
    Now get out there and catch some fish. We've got you covered.
    ​

They haven't 1 negative review and it is at a price-point I won't choke at...
    I'll chime in here because I feel like this is one of the major issues in the fishing industry... especially rods. Flame me if you want.

This isn't a warranty. It's a replacement program. There is a major difference.

Good for them for doing their own thing... but the consumer needs to understand... there is a huge dfference here.