How noisy should a new trailer be?

Just bought a 2019 Skeeter zx225 and the trailer seems to be very squeaky and noisy. It has the hydraulic brakes which my old boat didn’t have. Is it normal and something I’m just going to have to deal with?
    Chris
    2019 Skeeter zx 225

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    They are usually pretty noisy, especially tandems.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Take some WD-40 to the leaf spring shackles.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

This is why pickups have radios.

Seriously, any unusual noises beyond the the usual creaks and rattles should be investigated. An old guy at the ramp said something to me about a rattle coming from my trailer. I didn’t think much about it but the next time I jacked my trailer up to service my bearings, I saw the broken spring. All it took was me raising the trailer up high enough to get the weight off the spring for it to fall apart. Just thankful that I didn’t hit just the right pothole on the way home for it to come apart 100 miles from nowhere.

Good idea deal to get under the trailer and check things out. I make a habit of giving the trailer a look over when I’m at the ramp parking lot, with the boat in the water. Look for loose bunks, grease on the inside of the wheels, etc.
    Last edited by SoonerFan; 07-14-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    This is why pickups have radios.

Seriously, any unusual noises beyond the the usual creaks and rattles should be investigated. An old guy at the ramp said something to me about a rattle coming from my trailer. I didn’t think much about it but the next time I jacked my trailer up to service my bearings, I saw the broken spring. All it took was me raising the trailer up high enough to get the weight off the spring for it to fall apart. Just thankful that I didn’t hit just the right pothole on the way home for it to come apart 100 miles from nowhere.

Good idea deal to get under the trailer and check things out. I make a habit of giving the trailer a look over when I’m at the ramp parking lot, with the boat in the water. Look for loose bunks, grease on the inside of the wheels, etc.
    I check out the inside of the hubs after the trailer had a chance to dry while I'm fishing.

I have found that the noises that my tandem trailer makes subside with the windows up and the radio on!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

6. Member
    Is it the trailer or the hitch. Mine is 8 years old and it doesn't make a sound. Though I can start to hear a noise from the hitch ball area which I think may be a sign my shock is starting to go bad in the actuator. But honestly I don't hear a thing from mine when it is working 100% fine.

My new one makes very little noise.My old one started getting very loud before I changed all the bushings.
    It may get better with a little wear.. If not I figure (something is not right)

Torsion axels on a Skeeter so no leaf springs to make noise. On these newer trailers you shouldn’t hear anything. My diamond plate rattled at times. The brakes will make noise when applied. That’s about it.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,