Echomap ultra saving sonar setting to quick key?

I heard someone mention that some of the units can save sonar settings to favorites or quick keys. Can the ultra units do this? If not which gpsmap units can?

2. Member

Here's a good video on them, I believe the answer your looking for is yes, they do have quick keys you can set up, 4 of them I believe.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    they do have quick keys you can set up, 4 of them I believe.
    yes you can set your favorite screen to the keys but I have not seen anything where you can save your settings. At least on the Ultra units.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Yeah the actual sonar setting is what I was hoping to save.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    yes you can set your favorite screen to the keys but I have not seen anything where you can save your settings. At least on the Ultra units.

5. Member
    That's called presets. Only implemented on recent GPSMAP units.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    If I understand what your asking. On the GpsMap units you can save a screen to a quick key and any changes you make to gain,depth,distance or what ever saves to that screen. If you switch screens and then go back the setting will remain the same. Your settings will not change unless you change them.

Not sure if that was what you were asking but I have not found any way to save a setting that will automatically over ride the changes you make when you exit a screen.

7. Member
    The presets are saved with a name you give it. Later, using SmartMode a combo screen can be created and then the preset linked to that combo. You can have a bunch of presets. Some for 2d, some for SideVu, etc. The favorite keys are not on most GPSMAP units. They are on a few and are on some of the remotes. One of those favorite keys can be linked to the Smartmode combo that has the presets saved to it. You go to a single screen like 2d. Do the settings you want. Then save them with a name you make up. Then go to SmartMode. Make a combo screen. Then link whatever preset you want. Save that. Then do the Favorite key. Clear as mud?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The changes should stay on what ever you set them to......

On Lowrance, once you set your quick keys, overlays, ALL settings (sonar, image, etc.) you could save a file and place that on your SD card.....if you ever had to get another unit or do a unit reset, all you had to do is reload that file and it would put everything back like you had it.

I believe that is what he's asking/saying, now not sure how one would save a file to a quick key. Hopefully they can do the same thing to the Plus units. Came in handy a few times when i had my Lowrance units.

I posted mine while Leonard posted his reply so I'm some what "close" but not enough....now that Leonard explains it, i understand what he's looking for.
    Last edited by fishin couillon; 07-16-2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added to post after Leonard posted

9. Member
    Okay smartmode seems to be what I am looking for. Do the ultra units have this? Do all the gpsmap units?

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    The presets are saved with a name you give it. Later, using SmartMode a combo screen can be created and then the preset linked to that combo. You can have a bunch of presets. Some for 2d, some for SideVu, etc. The favorite keys are not on most GPSMAP units. They are on a few and are on some of the remotes. One of those favorite keys can be linked to the Smartmode combo that has the presets saved to it. You go to a single screen like 2d. Do the settings you want. Then save them with a name you make up. Then go to SmartMode. Make a combo screen. Then link whatever preset you want. Save that. Then do the Favorite key. Clear as mud?

10. Member
    I don't have an Ultra but I think not and I can't say that the older GPSMAP units still in use have it, like 1040 or 840. Just don't know.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Okay smartmode seems to be what I am looking for. Do the ultra units have this?
    I have an Ultra unit and have not seen this option but then not sure where its located. I can double check again cause i did not see it when i setup the unit several weeks ago.

12. Member
    Here is what it looks like. Any time you press menu, just beside the menu options is three dots and a star. That's where the preset options are found.
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    Good info as always.
    Thanks Leonard