New 4 stoke/Anti Siphon Valve question

Current motor SN 2B402296-Pro XS 250. I had issues with this motor losing prime. The dealer in searching for a solution took out the anti siphon valve on the fuel tank. The problem was later found to be a gasket in one of the pumps or something. He never put the anti siphon valve back in. Boat has run with no problem since. Now I am repowering with the new 4 stroke Pro XS. I read the posts re the new motor not needing a primer bulb. That made me think the lack of the anti siphon valve might be an issue. Any thoughts? Thanks all.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You should have an anti-siphon valve (or device). Information on what the current boat is (and it's fuel system type) may also prove helpful here.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    It is a 2017 Legend V20 with a belly tank.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Have an anti-siphon valve reinstalled- this should prevent potential problems with fuel being pulled back into the boat tank.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    thank you