Steadycast reviews?

Hello all, really liking my ultra 106's but I find that the heading is often several seconds behind where my boat is actually pointing. Much slower than my old helix. Is steadycast a good fix for this and easy to connect? I currently have 2 106sv's networked together.

Thanks

The SteadyCast is an absolute must for anyone that fishes isolated spots or structure off the bank where there are no visual targets. Anytime the boat is dead still or moving very slowly, a heading sensor is required for your Chart to maintain proper directional orientation and accurate heading. The SteadyCast is a NMEA2000 device, so you will need to install this network.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    The SteadyCast is an absolute must for anyone that fishes isolated spots or structure off the bank where there are no visual targets. Anytime the boat is dead still or moving very slowly, a heading sensor is required for your Chart to maintain proper directional orientation and accurate heading. The SteadyCast is a NMEA2000 device, so you will need to install this network.
    Thanks Todd. Would the steadycast be sufficient or should I be looking at the GPS 19x?

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The Steadycast is a heading sensor only. The 19x is a GPS only antenna (does not have a heading sensor).
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS