Solix Heading Offset?

I have a Solix 12 Mega SI and I need the heading offset at +7. However, it loses that setting everytime it powers down. I have to turn that setting back on and reset it to +7 everytime I go out. This can not be normal. Every other setting is retained, but that one....

2. Member
    I assume you have an gps/hs puck. If you power the Solix up without any other units on. And look at the settings is it gone or there?
    (is the setting on?). Without some global setting on you should not “lose” that setting. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by drgrammer View Post
    I have a Solix 12 Mega SI and I need the heading offset at +7. However, it loses that setting everytime it powers down. I have to turn that setting back on and reset it to +7 everytime I go out. This can not be normal. Every other setting is retained, but that one....
    Mine does the exact same thing. Always has.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

4. Member
    I accidentally fixed mine by finding magnetic interference near the sensor, so the fix for me was removing the interference and no longer needing the offset...

I never thought of the global settings. That does seem logical and most likely the issue.

The interference was a magnetic screwdriver in a toolbox in the rear compartment. Oddly the interference was not detected by the magnetic field sensor on my cell phone compass.

Im going to post that find on a separate post so it's easier to find for others with a similar issue.

More likely the same thing that causes globals to turn back on turns this off

Something is causing the memory to lose data and the system defaults to original settings

"EDITED"
    DID SOME TESTING

I believe I may have narrowed the cause of many of the issues we are having to one thing

SEE POST #80
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=989556&page=4
    Last edited by MichAngler; 07-15-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    "The handicapped angler"