Slow but steady with new ride.

Having to fabricate brackets and re vamp things to get my electronics to fit. The Helix 12 on the E-ped was a lot of trial and error but got it going. Almost finished with the console mount--it's tight but going to work... Darris is making the 2020 models larger..

All 3 lithium trolling batteries fit nicely by moving the breaker and a few other mods.

ra 1.jpgra2.jpgra3.jpg

2. Member
    Lookin good
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

3. Member
    Good deal. I'm really interested in hearing your first hand experience with those batteries, if I remember correctly, you bought 3 12V 50AH. That's what I would like to go with in the future.
    Last edited by JOEALLY; 07-13-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Thats correct Joe... I used the setup in one tournament and several practice days in my old boat. So far I'm impressed !!
    Fished one practice day in moderate wind and used 20% according to the phone app they still had 80% left..
    The tournament I fished was almost 10 hours with no wind and I only used 10% --- The real test will be this winter on Amistad when the wind howls.
    I also bought a 125AH for the starting battery...The last two batteries I used would drop as low as 11.5 volts after only a couple hours fishing in one spot with all my tournament stuff running. The new 125AH never dropped below 12.5 under same conditions.

Was telling Nancy about these and she got real interested when I told her the cost. Before these, a lithium was above this retired FF price range. The phone app is an awesome tool, not just to see the state of charge. I also dropped about 200Lbs by going all Lithium....Only thing; I've (heard) the new Merc 8 cylinder is not compatible with Lithium ? Have also been told several pros are running them with new mtr.

We are all watching to see how they do. As you said, the Merc manual specifically states AGM battery. I have contacted them to see how that is to be interpreted in a warranty scenario.

I really want to go 100% lithium. This motor weights too damn much. It is messing up my mojo!
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    After having these lithiums in my boat I am never going back to lead acid again. I've never been more impressed with batteries than I have these batteries. I have 2 ea. 40 AH 36 volt Lithium Pros. I still have a conventional battery for cranking.

7. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I will never go back to lead batteries for TM either. I do need my 80LB AGM for ballast as a cranker though
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

I have 2 of the 100AH Ionics (24V) and have yet to use more than 37% of my capacity (per ionic App) and I've been in some 20 mph sustained fishing offshore with ultrex... if they had made 75AH it would be perfect for 24v....with the 36V 3-50AH should be perfect

I used a 100AH for cranker and been great, 80% at end of tourney day

10. Member
    What would be the best setup with a 24volt 80#ultrex.Thinking of going lithium on my new boat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I have 2 of the 100AH Ionics (24V) and have yet to use more than 37% of my capacity (per ionic App) and I've been in some 20 mph sustained fishing offshore with ultrex... if they had made 75AH it would be perfect for 24v....with the 36V 3-50AH should be perfect
    Jeremy, does Ionics make a charger too? Do you have the stealth 1 system in your boat?
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLERED View Post
    What would be the best setup with a 24volt 80#ultrex.Thinking of going lithium on my new boat.
    I used a single 24V Lithium Pro with my Ultrex and was on the 5th season with it and sold it to a fella now using it on his Ranger. It was still going strong and showing the same Volts as new and never ran down.
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

To be honest for a 24V system....Ionics has a 50AH cell and a 100AH cell, I think that 2-50 amp cells would get you through 99% of the time... I've fished 20MPH with gusts 25 for 9 hours offshore and I used 37% so I think that would translate too 74% used with 50AH cells.

Depends on how you fish and how you think... I'm typically a guy that buys 3 of everything so I won't run out so I wanted more than enough capacity so I would never run out also I figured if in 5-6-7 years if I lost some capacity I would still have enough overall capacity too use the batteries for more years

But I really think 2-50AH cells would work perfectly for most people and it only costs $900 for two of those and they only weigh 15lbs each.. add a 100AH or 125AH for your cranking for another $800 and boom you just a ton of weight!

I'm using my old Minnkota Digital charger set on AGM setting.. basically you just need a charger that has a AGM setting or charges at I think 14.4-14.6 volts to get the lithiums fully topped off

15. Member
    Where did you get your batteries at? I've tried searching for the Ionics but all I can find are Battleborn brand, are these the same battery?

lithium hub is where mine came from.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLERED View Post
    Where did you get your batteries at? I've tried searching for the Ionics but all I can find are Battleborn brand, are these the same battery?
    Drew-Tek which is a sponsor on here.