Help me decide between Da Ducer or Fish Finder Mounts for my Livescope pole mount.

I've got the Livescope LVS32 system coming next week so I am searching for a good mounting option. I want to use a separate pole mount, and have narrowed it down to two brands: The Da Ducer made by Podunk Ideas and the Rotational Pole and Beam mount by Fishfinder Mounts. I've gone back and fourth multiple times between these two and each seems to have their advantages and disadvantages. I like that the cable can run inside the Da Ducer pole (unlike the other brand) but it seems like the Fishfinder Mounts version may be more flexible as far as the mounting options. They are both in the $300-$350 price range after including all the options I want and shipping. Have any of you used either of these two mounts and can provide feedback? Thanks!

2. Member
    I have the Da Ducer and i really like it. I have it mounted on a Big Jon swivel that works good. I'll try to post some pics.

3. Member
    Can someone turn the first 3 pics so they are uprightIMG_1285.jpgIMG_1286.jpgIMG_1288.jpgIMG_1289.jpg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bighornrmk View Post
    I have the Da Ducer and i really like it. I have it mounted on a Big Jon swivel that works good. I'll try to post some pics.
    Thanks! So you use the swivel to fine tune the position of the Xducer? One of the questions I had about the Da Ducer is whether it is locked up in the stowed position to keep it from accidentally deploying in rough weather. Is there some kind of locking mechanism (like a cable to pull similar to a bow mount trolling motor)?

5. Member
    There is a strap at the bottom that locks it down.

6. Member
    Fishing specialties has a pole mount also. More basic but I like that i can easily remove the pole and $1500 transducer and put it in my rod locker if needed.

7. Member
    I can answer questions about da'ducer apparatus® by pm ...

I also offer a quick detach mount that allows complete removal of da'ducer apparatus® and your attached xducer for storage and/or theft protection ...

(I'm not a sponsor at BBC so some things (like links to my products) I am not allowed to post in the open forum)...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 07-13-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Rickie makes quality products..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

I use this, works great.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    I use this, works great.

Yes, I came across that one last night. Do you know if it works with the Ulterra? I emailed the company but haven't heard back.

I think the only flange mount is for the Ultrex. There is a clamp mount for MinnKota and Motorguide but not sure which models it works on.

12. Member
    da ducer bracket by a mile. Have two and work perfectly......

13. Member
    Da Ducer Bracket ordered. Thanks everyone!