Thread: Prop Question

Prop Question

Need some advice.

I have a 2014 Etec 250 HO and was in the process of trying out a used Raker II 26 pitch prop , and upon examining prop, noticed it had a pressed in rubber hub, not the TBX hub.
    I was wondering if I should change out the pressed rubber hub and go with the TBX hub.
    If so can anyone provide TBX hub model # I need ,thrust washer ,etc.
    In addition any recommendations on how to remove the rubber pressed in hub.

Thanks in advance for any help & information.

BWhitley

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sure the one you are testing is an Raker 2 and not the original Raker? There should be a part number stamped on the barrel you can look up and verify.

3. Member
    Someone told me, you can not change out a pressed in rubber hub for a new TBX hub kit is that true ?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhitley View Post
    Someone told me, you can not change out a pressed in rubber hub for a new TBX hub kit is that true ?
    That is true.

5. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    I run an old Raker 22P on my Etec with the pressed in hub. I hear it's better to run a TBX hub prop on the Etec's because of the hot exaust. I guess the rubber hubs tend to fail pretty regularly. I've looked all over God's creation for a 22P RakerII or Raker H.O....or even an RX4, but can't find one anywhere for less than $500. I do have a 23P Renegade with a TBX hub, but l prefer the holeshot and speed of the Raker.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

6. Member
    Here are some photos of an old style Raker with the pressed hub and an brand new Raker 2 with the TBX hub. Maybe the photos will help you out. I'm not sure of the part number on the hub. Both are for sale 26 pitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Inner hub of the Raker with the pressed hub and the Tbx hub are different.....You would need a prop designed for the tbx hub......frankly I love the bow lift of the Bravo fs with the tbx hub....awesome bow lift....and great hole shot....