250 Pro XS Oil Fitting

I have a 2018 250 Pro XS that has about 5 hours on it. I've had an oil leak since brand new. I thought the cap was loose to the tank inside the cowl, but found this fitting in the oil line that isn't capped or attached to anything. I don't see another line for it to attach to, should it just be capped? This is on the line into the oil tank.

After further research it sounds like this fitting should not be capped...but I do think this is where all the oil under the cowl is coming from. Is this common?

20190712_201221.jpg
    Last edited by WBW; 07-12-2019 at 08:28 PM.

2. Member
    That end of the "T" is supposed to be OPEN to atmosphere. The 3L forum (what your engine is) is correct place to post questions about your engine and be sure to include engine serial number (require). That said, your engine is under warranty and you really need to get this back to your dealer for warranty purposes.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

^^^^^^^and
    Are you filling your oil tank all the to the top? If so stop doing it, only about 80 percent full
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Member
    +1 and hve um check the oil pump
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................