Thread: Talon install

Talon install

Installed a 12ft talon on my boat yesterday and took it out this morning and now I understand all the hype about shallow water anchors,its great to talon down and fish one spot without drifting off, also installed twist step ladder on back side of talon mounting bracket.All worked out very well.

2. Member
    Picts!!
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Picts!!
    tomorrow

Here are pics of the install and I included a pic of the mount at the bow for my Garmin Livescope,its a deck it mount with a balzout mount high enough where I can reach out and touch it from a sitting position and also see it easily, removed the cupholder and ran all wiring through the hole, also a pic with the talon tilted forward and as you can see the latter does not interfere.

5. Member
    Dont like warranty or what? Lol that sandwich bracket voids your Mercurys warranty, just sayin. Oh and a Jackplate will void your tracker warranty. ask me how I know lol

Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacksmb View Post
    Dont like warranty or what? Lol that sandwich bracket voids your Mercurys warranty, just sayin. Oh and a Jackplate will void your tracker warranty. ask me how I know lol
    That's funny because I asked at dealer where I had the bracket installed[same place I purchased boat] about affecting any warranty and was told no problem but you are correct on the jackplate, but if you know more than a Tracker certified dealer than ????.

7. Member
    Where can that ladder be purchased, PM to Commanche20 please

8. Member
    Looks really good, and that ladder is very nice,
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

9. Member
    looks great!