Thread: Golf balls

Banned

Golf balls

I bought a dozen TaylormadeTP5x balls the other day and in one sleeve was 3 Titleist Pro V1x's. Are those balls made in the same factory?

2. T Dub
    Where did you buy them?

3. Banned
    Golf Galaxy

4. T Dub
    Weird - Were the dozen they still wrapped in plastic?

5. Banned
    No, Tayylormade doesn't wrap theirs. Just a chipboard box.

6. Member
    Most likely a sleeve that someone put in there.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    Most likely a sleeve that someone put in there.
    It was Titleist balls in the TP5x sleeve. Just seemed weird to me becasue the sleeve didn't appear to have been opened before. I saw the logo before I opened the sleeve and the box didn't look deformed at all.

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Yeah, someone opened the box up and just swapped a sleeve of ProV1 into the box. They probably wanted to try the TP5 without buying a whole box.

9. Member
    That's what I think happened as well. Someone wanted to try the Taylor Mades. I know a guy who bought a box of proV

10. Member
    I liked the AVX Golf Balls. the tight compression of its core compensates for the great flexibility provided by urethane. The dimple tetrahedral pattern is a trademark of this manufacturer, and has been shown to provide lower wind resistance than most other models. I have been using these balls for about two months now and I can say that they suit me. Of course you feel the quality from the Titleist. These balls are designed specifically for long shots, and for beginners they will not work. But experienced players are worth a try.
    Last edited by JimmiLumen; 09-30-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmiLumen View Post
    I liked the AVX Golf Balls. the tight compression of its core compensates for the great flexibility provided by urethane. The dimple tetrahedral pattern is a trademark of this manufacturer, and has been shown to provide lower wind resistance than most other models. I have been using these balls for about two months now and I can say that they suit me. Of course you feel the quality from the Titleist. These balls are designed specifically for long shots, and for beginners they will not work. But experienced players are worth a try.
    I tried some of those for free, loved the ball.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere