Livesight Installation Issues

How do you do a hard rest on a live unit.

I installed the new transducer and the unit finds the transducer sometimes and sometimes it says no source after it was working for an hour or so. I have done a soft reset and the unit will find the transducer again but then loses signal. When it was working I was only have to see fish and my bait 10 feet max in front of the boat, nothing further. I have done the transducer update as well.

I figured I would do a hard reset and start over from scratch to rule out any glitches. Thanks!

2. Member
    You may need update your LiveSight transducer, also make sure your head unit is running current software..

here's the link to LiveSight software update. https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=1976

Then after you update everything.. then go into your menu and reset the unit factory default and then go back into your setting and changes things to your like.
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Gilstrap View Post
    You may need update your LiveSight transducer, also make sure your head unit is running current software..

here's the link to LiveSight software update. https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=1976

Then after you update everything.. then go into your menu and reset the unit factory default and then go back into your setting and changes things to your like.
    Jason, I tried updating the transducer and when i upgrade the software it gets to where it says module rebooting and nothing ever happens. Unit never rebooted and got hung on that page. I left it on for 30 minutes. Unit has the most recent update.

Are you saying there is not hard reset? Just reset to factory default?

4. Member
    What kinda of sd card / gig and what type of computer you using
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

Hp laptop and 8gig micro SD. I have had lowrance units for year and am very familiar with updates and settings. I have never had issues until trying to get this livesight working.

6. Member
    Shiner,

I had the exact same experience as you trying to get my units to recognize the transducer, I couldn't get the software for the transducer to load (stuck at same point as you), and I could only see fish in the first 10 feet and I was in a hoard of fish. See my thread link:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=991550

I finally gave up and sold my transducer and am going with adding a Garmin to the bow for Live Scope. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by 91tiger View Post
    Shiner,

I had the exact same experience as you trying to get my units to recognize the transducer, I couldn't get the software for the transducer to load (stuck at same point as you), and I could only see fish in the first 10 feet and I was in a hoard of fish. See my thread link:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=991550

I finally gave up and sold my transducer and am going with adding a Garmin to the bow for Live Scope. Very disappointed.
    Yes this is the exact some thing happening to me. You obviously explained it better then me.

8. Member
    Solix 12 Gen2 Mega+ SI, Helix 7 DI G3, Helix 10 G3N SI +, Helix 9 G3N SI +.
    Upgraded to Mega imaging from a HDS-12 Carbon

Can't say for sure but.....I updated mine and it said rebooting. It did not reboot but had been updated anyway. You can check it in network settings.
    I was stumped today with no source but found I did not have it on either down or forward page. Recheck to make sure you are on correct page and then go to sonar/livesight installation and set that correctly.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Can't say for sure but.....I updated mine and it said rebooting. It did not reboot but had been updated anyway. You can check it in network settings.
    I was stumped today with no source but found I did not have it on either down or forward page. Recheck to make sure you are on correct page and then go to sonar/livesight installation and set that correctly.
    How we doing with those screenshots and videos of LiveView?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    How we doing with those screenshots and videos of LiveView?
    Lol.....no. Pretty basic stuff so far.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Lol.....no. Pretty basic stuff so far.
    The 2D 83kHz on the LiveSight looks nice from what I've seen.

13. Member
    Mine came with version 19.1 is this the most up to date software?
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS