Thread: Slide master ?

Slide master ?

New owner of a Skeeter zx225. When cleaning the boat after a 2 week fishing trip I noticed the bolt that lifts/lowers the manual jack plate was loose. Like I could turn it with my hand. Is that right? I did count the holes and they were still 7 on each side so it didn’t lower the motor. Thanks for the help

2. Member
    Like the Dealer told me when I picked up My new zx225 every once in a while take a wrench and go over the nuts and bolts some will come lose at times

3. Member
    I used red loctite on the main motor mount bolts, green loctite on the jackplate bolts in case I need to tweak any settings since it is made to let go with hand tools. Always check them, mine were loose after 2 trips when the boat was new, since applying thread locker it has been a non issue.

4. Member
    thanks 671. Makes total sense to use loctite. best

5. Member
    Don't use Loctite on the middle adjustment bolt.

The 2 bolts on each side of the slidemaster are what really hold the plate in place. You can use the loctite here if you wish, and make sure these are tight.

The adjustment bolt in question is really just that, a way to raise and lower the plate when the 4 bolts are loose. It's kinda strange that you can turn it by hand though. With the 4 bolts tight, see if the center bolt snugs up by turning it clockwise.

6. Member
    Roger that. Seems I need to check them pretty often. Was on Table Rock for 10days and the lake was rough with boaters. Do I use a torque wrench or just firm up by hand? Thanks in advance

7. Member
    I was told long ago that the 4 side bolts on Slidemaster jackplaes are supposed to torqued to approx. 85lbs. I've always done that and they never loosen up.

8. Member
    Should have mentioned no loctite on the center adjustment bolt but figured everyone knows that :)