Trailer steps at bow

The trailer step system Allison has, do you all know if the bullet trailer bow winch post is the same angle and height as an Allison?
    I am turning 64 this fall and have some arthritis kicking in. I have a new XRS waiting on the new 1.60 ratio motor.
    I really like the Allison ones.

Tipton2.jpeg

I have an 08 BoatMate trailer and it looks pretty close to that angle.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Yes I think so, maybe Tim Powell at Fastbass will know and can sell me a step assembly if it will work.
    Here are couple pictures Tom sent me.
    I"m pretty excited. I have always had 20 foot boats and 2.5 engines. Looking forward to fast engine and 87 octane fuel!

IMG_5227.JPGIMG_5231.JPG

Very nice! That is sharp! Congrats on the new Bullet! Yes I’d give Tim a yell, he should know.

5. Member
    Congrats on the new Bullet!! Looks very similar to my 21RDC colors!! And give Tom a shout, great guy !

Man that’s sharp !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

nice looking rig!
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

8. Member
    When do you use the steps ? Launching the boat? I love options but trying to think how it would be useful .... when I launch I step on the spare tire then sit on the bow and spin around to stand up , when the boats on the trailer parked I step on the diamond plate in front of the fender on the passenger side and swing my leg over.... oh you can get on with a duel that way so the steps are good for that ?
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    When do you use the steps ? Launching the boat? I love options but trying to think how it would be useful .... when I launch I step on the spare tire then sit on the bow and spin around to stand up , when the boats on the trailer parked I step on the diamond plate in front of the fender on the passenger side and swing my leg over.... oh you can get on with a duel that way so the steps are good for that ?
    Seems to me like walking up steps would be a lot easier than sitting on the edge, spinning around then standing up. Probably easier on the gel as well.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by av View Post
    Do you launch by yourself most the time?
    Where is your spare tire at? On a bullet trailer spare is not in a place to step on to get in boat at bow after it is backed into water to launch when by yourself. Only time I use rope is when launch ramp is too little of an angle to have enough depth. I am by myself majority of the time I go.
    I am never too old to learn new methods. But currently I have been getting on front of boat to get in boat to launch and get out of boat after putting on trailer. So teach me something new, besides using a rope.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr 22 View Post
    Do you launch by yourself most the time?
    Where is your spare tire at? On a bullet trailer spare is not in a place to step on to get in boat at bow after it is backed into water to launch when by yourself. Only time I use rope is when launch ramp is too little of an angle to have enough depth. I am by myself majority of the time I go.
    I am never too old to learn new methods. But currently I have been getting on front of boat to get in boat to launch and get out of boat after putting on trailer. So teach me something new, besides using a rope.
    when backing in the water I let about a foot of slack out on the winch then lock it , then back in till the boat floats the spare tire is exposed to step on ... I don't know maybe the steps would work better .. anyway the gel don't scratch from sitting on it been doing that for 20 years never had a scratch
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

12. Member
    Got it. So when you pull back on trailer do you do the same and winch it up each time? How old are you? Thanks for your input.

13. Member
    You know my boat of last 6 years is Bullet 20XD and if I would replace winch tie down strap so the hook had the part that keeps from coming off I could do that too. My hook has been missing that keeper part for many years.
    I see in Randys picture he has a rope or maybe cable there he probably does same thing unloading. I ben climbing onto front of boat off trailer for 40 years and getting little tired.

John, that cable you see is a plastic coated stainless cable with a Masterlock to prevent spare tire theft while on the water. I’ve heard too many guys talk about getting their spare stolen. I’m gonna make them work for it. Lol.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr 22 View Post
    Got it. So when you pull back on trailer do you do the same and winch it up each time? How old are you? Thanks for your input.
    There you go , your right on with the step for that ... I power load and stepping on the trailer frame to get off I could see that being a job if your knees are beat up .. my last boat I put anti skid strips on the area where I would step , I need to do that to the current trailer before I fall I am 57 no spring chicken here ,
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

16. Banned
    Not sure about the steps but that's a sharp boat!!!... Dan

Can't power load in Michigan and Florida. I like the steps!! 64 here.

The steps aren’t ridiculous looking or anything. They actually would be nice. I can see uses for them.

They are exactly the same. I took a damaged one off my Ally and gave it to a friend with a 21xrd and he’s still using it. I tried to weld it and made a mess out of it. I ordered a new one and had it welded professionally. He didn’t even cover up the “A” logo which could be done with grip tape
    2019 Basscat Lynx
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4s
    SN: 2B586555