Thread: Montello area

Montello area

Heading up next weekend for our annual vacation with the family. Curious how fishing is in the area after all the rain. How has Buffalo been fishing since the draw down a few years ago? River? Montello lake? I'll be in my Basscat P2 (black, white, and blueberry with IL tags) if anyone's out and happens to see it come say Hi.

2. Member
    I know they had the spring open on Buffalo. I think the size is coming back. Let us know how you do on Buffalo if you go.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trueangla View Post
    I know they had the spring open on Buffalo. I think the size is coming back. Let us know how you do on Buffalo if you go.
    Awesome. I haven't fished Buffalo (in a boat) in 9 or 10 years so I'm excited to get out there. I'll post fishing results when I get back home.

I fished a club tournament out there in May...took almost 17 lbs (5 fish to win) and second place had 15 lbs of smallies. everyone reported lots of numbers...I think the fish ladders and resurgance of vegetation are allowing the lake to come back srongly after it was drained. You should have a good time frogging, flipping and punching!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"