Garmin and fusion stereo?

Long story short..bought a bay boat and it has 7612xsv and a 741xs..really nice units. It also has a fusion stereo which i cant get to work...only the fsuion logo shows on the stereo screen..no other buttons function.. i suspect it may be linked to one of the garmins...how would I know if it is linked and where would the control menu be? Thanks guys.

The Fusion radios are usually NMEA2000 devices. Go to Home, Settings, Communications, NMEA2000 to see if the Fusion is listed there in the device list (or if the other Garmin unit is listed) to see if this network is functional.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Mine just shows up as “media” on the screen with graph/sonar/etc. as todd said youll need nema 2000 connections between the two units

4. Member
    My Fusion is listed under the name of something like BB100 or something like that, I assume it is the model number of the radio. But I think Todd has the right idea. Mine is under a separate heading. I'll see if I can remember to take note of where mine is listed in the menu and report back here. I can power my unit up, but the controls are all on the Garmin, other than volume and skip forward and back (if using Spotify or similar app). It is on the NEMA network for sure though

Thanks Guys...being a used boat..I dont know how the boat is rigged, I'll figure it out. Ranger does usually rig the stereos on NEMA so it probably is... Im obviously still learning the menus on these units....been and still a a lowrance guy on my bass boat, but I'm liking these garmins.

Pretty sure the fusion is broke...no NEMA in the boat. Tried disconnecting harness and reconnection and reset. No love. Now looking for a unit that uses the same harness so I dont have to rewire.

7. Member
    Have you tried contacting the guys at Fusion? They may be able to offers some thoughts on the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Have you tried contacting the guys at Fusion? They may be able to offers some thoughts on the system.
    Yes...email and no response.

Replaced with RA-55 same body with built in blue tooth...works great now.

9. Member
    Very good. I mean on the replacement. Not good on no contact from Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Very good. I mean on the replacement. Not good on no contact from Fusion.
    Oddly enough I got a survey from garmin asking how my "customer service experience" was