Vessel View Mobile Fix from Mercury.

With the latest VVM app update, my iPhone XR would not connect. I tried everything on the boards. Re installed the app, deleted all my other devices, disconnected and reconnected all my cables, but still nothing.

Finally contacted Mercury, that sent me the following:

“Sometimes during application updates iPhones can corrupt the information stored in them for the device they are trying to connect to. I have found luck in downloading a free app called LightBlue. It is in the app store. Once you download this app, turn the key on so the module powers up. Go into LightBlue and locate the module in there, and connect to it. Once LightBlue has established a connection close out of this app. Now try it with VVM. I have found that by interrogating the device with an outside Bluetooth scanner app like LightBlue it fixes the information between the two. Let me know how it goes.”

Sincerely,
    VesselView Mobile Customer Assistance

It worked like a champ! Download LightBlue Explorer, the free one with the fist, and follow those instructions. Took me all of five minutes, and back in business.

(Moderator Note- Added 3/1/2022)- Another Member had this helpful tidbit that he gleaned from Mercury VesselView Support:

Quote Originally Posted by vr180 View Post
    Update: I stated in my OP that I had tried the LightBlue app to find my VesselView module with no luck. Actually, it was finding it the whole time. The problem was, I didn't see VesselView on the list of Bluetooth devices that LightBlue found. With help from Mercury support I found out that it may show up as 00000000000000000. I had seen the zeros befoe but assumed it was just junk. I never clicked on it. When I did, it came up VesselView. I interrogated the module and it connected right up.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 03-01-2022 at 08:37 AM.

2. Member
    Good to know. Thanks

3. Member
    That's some good info! Currently doing some upgrades on my boat and VVM is one of them. Thanks!

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Update: 2/1/2022- If you are having bluetooth connection problems, make sure you have LOCATION (Location Services) turned ON for the App!

Saving to FAQ for future reference.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 02-03-2022 at 07:44 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    ChuckS......thanks for posting this
    I could get every device in the house to connect to my VVM except my Iphone, just got it to connect using your tip

I owe you a cold one sir!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
    With the latest VVM app update, my iPhone XR would not connect. I tried everything on the boards. Re installed the app, deleted all my other devices, disconnected and reconnected all my cables, but still nothing.

Finally contacted Mercury, that sent me the following:

“Sometimes during application updates iPhones can corrupt the information stored in them for the device they are trying to connect to. I have found luck in downloading a free app called LightBlue. It is in the app store. Once you download this app, turn the key on so the module powers up. Go into LightBlue and locate the module in there, and connect to it. Once LightBlue has established a connection close out of this app. Now try it with VVM. I have found that by interrogating the device with an outside Bluetooth scanner app like LightBlue it fixes the information between the two. Let me know how it goes.”

Sincerely,
    VesselView Mobile Customer Assistance

It worked like a champ! Download LightBlue Explorer, the free one with the fist, and follow those instructions. Took me all of five minutes, and back in business.
    my god, i think im gonna start crying. It worked. Ive been trying to fix this for almost a year now. I love u guys for the fantastic help ��

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad it worked for you!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Mine stopped connecting last month- I loaded the light blue app and it doesn’t seem to do anything?- I have an Android tho so maybe this won’t work for me?
    Pool 10

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Mine stopped connecting last month- I loaded the light blue app and it doesn’t seem to do anything?- I have an Android tho so maybe this won’t work for me?
    Completely different mobile device- suggest opening a separate thread for assistance.