Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Okay, thanks for the info..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    You as a consumer can't contact the "warehouse in GA". You need to take the part number to a Mercury Dealer and order it.

2. Member
    Okay so some changes today !! I was told to soak my VST with Quicklean for a few days which I did. Today the Fuel Pump Spun without any problems. It was music to my ears!! However, I still could not get it to start even after putting new plugs in it. I also put a new fuel line, Ball, and Fuel Filter the other day. When I took off the new plugs I could not really see any gas or oil on them so I think there might be another blockage somewhere maybe with the injectors themselves ? What do you guys think ? Could the Pulse Pump be a problem also ? Thanks for any help !

Make sure you're getting fire to plugs.

Rebuild the pulse pump. Yes, it could be blocked with trash Did you hear the high pressure pump cycle when you turned the key?

If you do get it running, send the injectors off for cleaning and calibration before operating.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Don't forget to check the fuel pressure.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks that's next up!

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Don't forget to check the fuel pressure.

6. Member
    I'm getting fire to the plugs.. The pulse pump does need rebuilt. The pump did cycle through.. I will get them cleaned if I can figure out how to get them out!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Make sure you're getting fire to plugs.

Rebuild the pulse pump. Yes, it could be blocked with trash Did you hear the high pressure pump cycle when you turned the key?

If you do get it running, send the injectors off for cleaning and calibration before operating.

7. Member
    If the high pres. pump was frozen up I bet the low pres. is too. I have had to replace the low pres. pump twice in 4 years. Also the aftermarket pump is a Carter brand which was the original brand on my Opti

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by machinist View Post
    If the high pres. pump was frozen up I bet the low pres. is too. I have had to replace the low pres. pump twice in 4 years. Also the aftermarket pump is a Carter brand which was the original brand on my Opti
    Only 1 electric pump on the XB engine (plus a "pulse" or diaphragm-type pump).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12