Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High Pressure Fuel Pump XB 250

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a high pressure fuel pump that is located in the vapor separator? I see that Mercury no longer makes them, but I found an aftermarket one on <READ ANNOUNCEMENTS> that sells for $104.95 that get's 2 five stars. Thanks for any help, or advice.

I haven't used my bassboat in 5 years so I found that my lines leading into the motor were eroded from the ethanol fuel, and my high pressure pump won't spin..

Part # 805505t01
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 07-12-2019 at 02:31 PM.

2. Member
    The low and high pressure pumps were contract parts not made by Mercury. Get the part number off the original and put it in Google. I think I got mine from Jegs when I replaced it. I bet you had water in your gas and it is rusted internally.

Check that part number...are you sure it isn't 808505T 1?
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

4. Member
    Okay great thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by machinist View Post
    The low and high pressure pumps were contract parts not made by Mercury. Get the part number off the original and put it in Google. I think I got mine from Jegs when I replaced it. I bet you had water in your gas and it is rusted internally.

5. Member
    Yes, that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by machinist View Post

6. Member
    Yes, that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Check that part number...are you sure it isn't 808505T 1?

Walbro made the original pump for Mercury.

I'd like to see Al's recommendation on what brand of aftermarket pump to replace with, but he'll need your outboard's serial number to make the precise recommendation.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

8. Member
    Me too, and I would like to get back on the water.

The serial number is = OT430803

Walbro made the original pump for Mercury.

I'd like to see Al's recommendation on what brand of aftermarket pump to replace with, but he'll need your outboard's serial number to make the precise recommendation.

That one on Amazon will work , but I have no idea of its quality.

You'll want a VST spaghetti gasket too.

10. Member
    Right, I was thinking that also. I had a mechanic today tell me that Yamaha uses the same pump in some of theirs and he is going to call me back tomorrow with more information about it. I wonder what I should do? Mercury $766, Yamaha $600, Amazon 104..

That one on Amazon will work , but I have no idea of its quality.

You'll want a VST spaghetti gasket too.

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze250 View Post
    Me too, and I would like to get back on the water.

The serial number is = OT430803
    Thank you for providing the Serial Number. Please remember we do NOT support certain "Parts Clearninghouses" in the forums- see the Announcements for details.

Don't know where you go the info that the Fuel Pump is NLA... if you lookup on our website, you can still order (and receive) Part# 808505T01. Pricey thing... but the right part.

The aftermarket pump doesn't even fit the housing properly...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Thanks Don, I'll look it up - but I've had two other mechanics tell me it's no longer available unless I can find them sitting on a shelf somewhere. I don't support Clearinghouses, but I didn't know if that was my only option, then I guess that's what it would be. Yes, this part is crazy expensive..

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Thank you for providing the Serial Number. Please remember we do NOT support certain "Parts Clearninghouses" in the forums- see the Announcements for details.

Don't know where you go the info that the Fuel Pump is NLA... if you lookup on our website, you can still order (and receive) Part# 808505T01. Pricey thing... but the right part.

13. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post

From the Mercury website...says the pump is NLA.

Mercury.JPG

14. Member
    see that lil + out to the left of that p/n 809088T if you click on it tells you to order 808505t01 newest p/n, MERCURY DEALER website,over 10 available in Atlanta, GA warehouse
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

15. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    TY Joe. I was just responding to his question about where he found the info about NLA.

16. Member
    10-4
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

17. Member
    Thanks Joe54, I'll take a look..

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    see that lil + out to the left of that p/n 809088T if you click on it tells you to order 808505t01 newest p/n, MERCURY DEALER website,over 10 available in Atlanta, GA warehouse

18. Member
    Can you give me the link to the warehouse in GA.. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post

19. Member
    You as a consumer can't contact the "warehouse in GA". You need to take the part number to a Mercury Dealer and order it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast