Ranger courtesy light at console cracking

Hi Guys,

Anyone have an extra one of these courtesy lights or lenses from a Ranger console that they would be willing to part with? This is off of a 2006 519 VX. I guess they are no longer made by the manufacturer and my lens is cracking (pic below) and will likely fall out in the near future. Ranger doesn't offer a real good replacement option for these either. I ordered the new LED version from them but its a fair amount larger than the previous and won't fit in the same molded spot. I don't really want to do any cutting into the console or molding area if I don't have to. Thanks for any help or options that any of you may have come across on the same issue.

Last edited by tim_kovar; 07-12-2019 at 09:50 AM.

2. Member
    Flip the light over, there are numbers on it...I did a search on google and found them....from who made them. This was a couple of years ago.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by transdep1 View Post
    Flip the light over, there are numbers on it...I did a search on google and found them....from who made them. This was a couple of years ago.
    Hi John - I had previously requested that information from Ranger and this is what they sent me: The courtesy lights vendor name was Panor Corporation and the product # is ALB-072CL. I then tried to search for one online and couldn't find a thing. I called the company and they said they got out of the marine line of lights about 15 years ago now and have nothing to offer in its place. If you have a source could you please pm me a link?

4. Member
    I ordered a set of black led lights from th marine and the back housing is oval and not round the the originals. Now to mount them use a bur on a cordless drill and it will slowly make the cut you need. I would try to trace a stencil out as best you can and take a black sharpie to the fiberglass where you want to start your grinding with the bur. It wasnt very fast but it wasnt very slow either but thats good bc you can keep checking as you go. If you decide to go this route. I had no success finding the originals so I just changed out both for leds and they look awesome. I also bought the silver ones and they are currently in the boat now but I am gonna swithc them out for the black. I think ranger only has the silver ones ut I think I got the black ones from th marine. O while your grinding lay a damp beach towel on your console so no dust gets all over the place and the rug it will make cleaning up much easier. If you need a pic of the bur I was talking about just pm me i will try to find a pic for you. good luck.

5. Member
    i used the second one from the left worked like a champ just take your time and think it through it wasnt bad i gotta say it took me several weeks to overcome the fear of having to cut and fabricate a little but once i knew I had no other choice it went smoothly.

6. Member
    Ranger has a replacement for that light in stock. Not exactly the same, think its a different color bezel now.

7. Member
    Send me a pm with a cell number and maybe I can find my old light -

8. Member
    go to ranger forum-go to page 11 or 12 look for ranger 521 vx resto project- then page 9 there is a pic of the light ranger now has since I had to order it. They only had silver but I got the black from tackle marine. I gonna swithc em out ut not sure yet.

9. Member
    here it is just thought of a copy and paste after I typed the above post.
    Last edited by ranger521znem; 07-13-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: small pic

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger521znem View Post
    I ordered a set of black led lights from th marine and the back housing is oval and not round the the originals. Now to mount them use a bur on a cordless drill and it will slowly make the cut you need. I would try to trace a stencil out as best you can and take a black sharpie to the fiberglass where you want to start your grinding with the bur. It wasnt very fast but it wasnt very slow either but thats good bc you can keep checking as you go. If you decide to go this route. I had no success finding the originals so I just changed out both for leds and they look awesome. I also bought the silver ones and they are currently in the boat now but I am gonna swithc them out for the black. I think ranger only has the silver ones ut I think I got the black ones from th marine. O while your grinding lay a damp beach towel on your console so no dust gets all over the place and the rug it will make cleaning up much easier. If you need a pic of the bur I was talking about just pm me i will try to find a pic for you. good luck.
    Do you have any pics of how that came out afterwards?

11. Member
    thats the silver light ranger has now see pic above i can try to find another pic directly in front

12. Member
    I had same light go bad and ordered the new ones. Not surprisingly the oval was slightly larger. Makes zero sense to me. Use a dremel as suggested above and it isn't much of a problem. The new lights are LED and much better. I'll be out Sunday and can post a pic. Definitely worth the upgrade .

13. Member
    Sorry I am so slow, I have looked all over the house looking for the old light. Can not fnd it.....but I did a search on the internet and found this
    http://www.v-sales.com/atpdfs/at-072.pdf
    and
    http://midstatecaps.com/truck-caps/cap-parts/

Hope this helps.....

14. Member
    My Lord, transdep1, this is the first time I have SEEN A PICTURE of this light anywhere online. It is as if someone went back in time and scrubbed any evidence of its existence. THANK YOU

15. Member
    love3dance were you able to locate and purchase your touch lights anywhere?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidKSmith View Post
    love3dance were you able to locate and purchase your touch lights anywhere?
    Beating this dead horse. Since it’s usually the lens cracking at issue has anyone found or made a replacement lens? I’m searching for 2 inch diameter lenses and trailer lights I might be able to cannibalize.
    Geoff Soard

2005 Ranger 521VX - 2012 Yamaha 250 VMax
    1996 Ranger 485V - 2016 Evinrude E-Tec 175

Always buying G. Loomis "Green" NRX, GLX CBRs and others.