New Nitro...check your lug nuts!

Just bought the boat back in February of this year right off the showroom floor. Gave it a good wash today and cleaned things up and thought I’d check the air in the tires and hit the lugs while I was at it.....surprise to me that 5 of the 10 lugs on the front axle were loose enough you could turn them with your fingers!! Thank goodness I caught it before something catastrophic happened on the road. Not sure who is in charge of that before it leaves the dealer or manufacture but someone definitely fell asleep on the job.....hopefully it was just mine and not a consistent thing with Nitro.

2. Member
    I got my new Nitro Z19 in April and my dealer ny far is not the best dealer but the one thing he did remember to tell me is check my lugs after i travel. Now this is not my first bass boat and you should check the lugs as for some reason they do work loose. A buddy of mine reminded me when i picked my boat up to check the lugs.

3. Member
    aluminum wheels will loosen up after pulled for a while better safe than sorry.

4. Member
    I had the same thing with a couple of other boats I have owned, not Nitro. I carry a torque wrench in my truck for our fifth wheel and our boat. I do frequent checks for a while after a wheel has been removed but slack off when I get some miles on them.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

5. Member
    90% of the time the dealer installs the tires. On the PDI sheet that you sign at the dealer when finishing paperwork, one of the items listed to be checked by the service department is the lug nut torque. The spec is 90ft LB.
    Most of the bass boats are shipped in on the bottom deck of the trailer with wheels removed for a lower height while larger boats pontoons, and tahoes are shipped on a rack up top.