25 hp four stroke oil level

I am looking at a small boat to use for duck hunting. It has a 2008 Mercury 25 hp four stroke. I believe tohatsu made these for Merc. Serial # is OR194563. I have a question about the oil level. The motor had been tilted up for transportation on a motor carrier. I took the carrier out and lowered the motor to where it was level. When I pulled the dipstick out oil started pouring out the dip stick tube. The oil was clean and had no signs of water in it and didn’t smell like gas. After awhile it stopped. We then ran boat for a little while and rechecked oil. It checked fine. I’m just wondering if maybe some of the oil was trapped in the upper part of Engine while it was tilted forward, and then when we lowered it if it didn’t have time to settle in the pan before I pulled out the stick. That may not be possible. Just wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen to them.

2. Member
    I suspect you're correct. Leave the engine down, in level trim, overnight then check oil level. Should be below the max mark on dipstick, if not, drain some oil until it is about 3/4 of the way between the add mark and full.

Btw, there is a dedicated 4-stroke forum 3 below this one - Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax