2009 Ranger Z522 Comanche?

Hi guys,

I was hoping to get some thoughts on a boat that I am thinking about making an offer on which is actually listed on this site, really just looking for some general thoughts on this model?

The serial number for this particular boat is RNG02131D909, not sure if any history reports can be had but if so I would appreciate it.

I went and looked at the boat today and it was pretty clean, I will post some pics of the blemishes that I noticed which include one crack on the hull not sure it goes past the gel coat so may not be a big deal, one of the compartment lids has a pretty sizable cracking which can be felt when standing on the compartment, in some areas the rub rail is slightly separated away from the boat and some rust bubbling on the trailer.

Thanks for any thoughts guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joeim8; 07-10-2019 at 06:53 PM.

2. Member
    check the transom also and look on the top cap for stress cracks also. the one on the hull concerns me but if its a stress crack you can get a good glass guy to fix it. look for rust on the trailer where the fenders mount to the trailer and where the boat buckles are bolted to the trailer. but look under the trailer where the fenders are rust likes this area. but if you like the boat consider all these things into the price bc its gonna cost you to get it fixed. good luck.

3. Member
    Since I would be the 3rd owner of this boat what would that mean for Rangers Hull Warranty? I have heard they may not fix stress cracks in the clear coat but they will fix cracks in the glass itself or anything that is structural, just not sure if that is for the original owner etc?

I checked the boat pretty well and the crack pictured on the hull was the most concerning thing to me as well but I'm no expert. The compartment lid and even the bubbling on the trailer I can deal with and handle myslef just not sure about the mentioned crack on the underside and its weird becasue it is litterally the only blemish on the underside I mean not even a scratch and the hambys was nearly flawless itself. I don't know?

4. Member
    Winch stand looks bent to me. The welds at bottom don't look factory and may be the reason for the rust around there. If so, may have been wacked too hard loading boat, or hit from behind on road.

Also, check the axle brackets, TDE setup that is known for breaking at the welded on axle brackets. There is a sticky above and plenty of threads on this.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Ranger’s warranty is transferable only to a second owner, and then the transfer must be registered with Ranger within 5 years of original purchase date [first owner], and then the transferred second owner warranty is good for 10 years from the original purchase date. Ranger has gone above and beyond in some cases, but as a third owner more than 10 years [likely] after original purchase, you probably should not count on their aid.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Joelm8 i ended up buying this boat. lol. i seen the bottom hull crack and it appears to be just the gelcoat, and the repair by the drivers side. they all seem to be cosmetic. The winch stand does appear to be hit to hard loading the boat, and ill just replace the whole stand. Other then that its been a great boat and runs flawless