Thread: Bimini Top

Bimini Top

I know this is generally frowned upon for a bass boat, but I am looking into getting a bimini top for my 07 183CX. With my wife and young daughter come out with me I would like the option for some shade. Can anyone recommend any good ones to look at? I also may looking into mounting a swim ladder on the transom. So any input on that would be great as well.

Thanks!

Buy a lawn umbrella and stick it in the boat seat post hole.

3. Member
    Umbrella2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    I just bought 5 umbrellas & only have two places to hold them! what a advertisement, lol

5. Member
    Dang! I never even thought about doing that! I have two of those in my garage! Thanks!

6. Member
    I use anchorshade, had real good luck with it. Plus you can take it with you and use it elsewhere.

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The guy that bought my 176 back in 03 put one on it, but I can't remember the brand. I'll see if I can find anything on it.

8. Member
    I just bought a bimini for my champ 210; I don't remember the brand but I did a lot of research first. Only cost a couple hundred dollars. I ended up measuring and buying a 10' bimini that shades the front deck seat and rear deck seat. I put it high enough to walk under when walking at the bottom deck and it is just high enough to be comfortable and walk under while on the top decks. It folds down and out of the way at the very back of the boat and doesn't get in the feet's way of anyone sitting on the back deck. Looks great and unbelievably nice on really hot sunny days. I even used it at Sam Rayburn when it started raining bad.
    Last edited by Tin Star Cajun; 07-24-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added pic

9. Member
    My wife will love this! And I will too at least on calmer days. Thanks

10. Member
    Tin star cajun, if you could find the brand and model of yours , we may all want one.
    Thanks

11. Member
    Tin Star Cajun ... can you post a pic deployed and stowed away?

12. Member
    Here are some pics of my Bimini. When it is up it is tall enough to walk under and long enough so both the front and back are covered enough but you can still throw lures. Closed, it sits far enough back so people aren't stepping on it yet I can still open the battery compartment. I also put foam insulation around the bottom poles to protect my boat. IMG_7473.jpgIMG_7471.PNGIMG_7472.jpg
    Last edited by Tin Star Cajun; 07-26-2019 at 05:27 AM. Reason: added content

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Star Cajun View Post
    Here are some pics of my Bimini. When it is up it is tall enough to walk under and long enough so both the front and back are covered enough but you can still throw lures. Closed, it sits far enough back so people aren't stepping on it yet I can still open the battery compartment. I also put foam insulation around the bottom poles to protect my boat.
    Where is North/Central Texas ... I thought that's where I am

Here is my Bimini that came from Champion when I ordered my 201 back in 94”

1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419