On the hunt for a new kitty!!!

Come on guys I need some help here. I'm currently in a 21HP Triton with 250 Opti. Wanting a new Cat some kind of bad, really bad. I got one major problem though, I cant make my mind up. I really like the Erya and I really like the Lynx. Probably gonna get a 300 Pro XS either way I go because I just like to go fast. I need to hear the advantages and disadvantages of each coming from owners. I live in West Virginia and fish here(very small water), Virginia(Smith Mtn), East Tennessee(Everywhere), and Occasionally Alabama. So please help me make my mind up. Tightlines!!!!
    2014 Triton 21HP
    2014 250 Pro XS TM
    10inch Plate
    25 Fury 3 Blade

They are 2 really different setups, even though they will both be BassCat quality. Guys are going to tell you what's best for them, you need to go get in each of them and see what will work for you. I run a Lynx, but if I fished small waters the most, I would have an Eyra or P2

the Lynx front deck is going to be wider(or similar) to your 21HP..the Eyra deck will be much narrower. The Eyra is a corvette...the Lynx is a Camaro (bigger, heavier, etc but still FUN and SPORTY)
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

I finally got in a Lynx last weekend, I will tell you that I felt more comfortable doing some turns and what not in the Lynx as opposed to my Puma but its a totally different boat. I ran 75.x with me and gear 72-3 with two guys and the gear in the Lynx. The Lynx is not the "go fast" basscat. If you want the sports car feel its the puma, cougar, Eyra. If you want a wide deck, stable as it gets, and will give up the top end then Lynx.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

5. Member
    Come out to the public ride/demo sessions on Tuesday July 23rd in Branson MO. BassCat will have all the models in the water there and demo rides are what the day is all about. That might help you decide. You can't go wrong with either choice....but they are distinctly different rides !!!

From BCB:
    This years public event is in Branson, Missouri on Tuesday, July 23rd. The Chateau Marina on Table Rock is the location for the on water public demonstrations. They will have most everything on water and hours will run from the 8:30 to 1:00 PM range, or until traffic ends. Excellence In Action 2020 is being held at the Branson Convention Center downtown and that is for dealers only. The Hilton Promenade is the host hotel for the event. We are sure Chateau will have excellent rooms as well.

We will I’ll be running a shuttle service from (1) The Landing to the (2) Tangier Outlet Mall and (3) Chateau Marina. That is on a rotation until traffic slows. Your bride can grab the truck and go shopping, then we plan on shuttling to those locations.

Branson is a great location for touring and hanging out. More details will be available and those will trickle in with the date nearing.

BCB
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

6. Member
    I have driven both, and love both. Wide deck and massive layout they Lynx wins. Fun sports car drive the Eyra wins. The ride will be a little better in the Lynx due to width, but the Eyra is more maneuverable in bigger water and around cover. Eyra has the nod in top end speed but just by a couple MPHs. It really depends on what you want, I picked my Eyra, never being in one, after being in a Puma, Cougar, and Caracal. I would pick the Lynx if money wasnt an issue, i fish offshore a ton,but I have no regrets on my choice for the Eyra, it suits me perfectly
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

7. Member
    Wouldn't a 300 be overpowered on the Eyra?
    2016 Bass Cat Cougar FTD
    250 Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownmaniac View Post
    Wouldn't a 300 be overpowered on the Eyra?
    No such thing as too much power! The Eyra is actually rated up to 300.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

You like speed and need maneuverability. Eyra all the way.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. Member
    PM sent!