Thumbs Up Can always rely on the ol' Texas rig

Really fell in love with throwing swimbaits, or swimjig/swimbait combos the last two years, but I've been really trying to force feed those more often than I should. Had yet another day where the conditions looked to be ideal for that moving bait bite, but it didn't materialize. So I sized down, slowed down, and reminded myself to get back to the basics. Rigged up one of my old go-to's I used to love throwing, that I had not touched in awhile, and it was exactly what they wanted. A simple t-rigged rage craw pitched in and around any vegetation that I could find, or swimming it back, and they were all over it.

I always have one rigged on stand by

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatrazor View Post
    I always have one rigged on stand by
    I used to, then two years ago I started hammering them on a whole variety of moving bait. It got so good, I started tying more on and stopped having a t-rig on at the ready, and then just kind of fell away from it until this year again. Was a good stretch on those bigger baits, but it has seem to have died down for me quite a bit. Probably not diversifying my offerings enough, but that's okay, I enjoy throwing the t-rig all the same.