Steez reel problem

I have a Steez SV 103 reel that I bought earlier this year. While fishing with it a month or so ago, I made a semi-hard cast with a 1.5 oz hard swimbait. My braid had dug into itself part way down in the spool and when it got to that spot, the bait snapped to a stop. Ever since then, the reel will periodically have issues. Sometimes it's on the cast or pitch while other times it's on the retrieve. To me it feels like something is just not aligning correctly internally. It's not necessarily grinding, but it's just not smooth. But then it will operate perfectly for ten casts or more before it has issues on one or two casts/retrieves. Any ideas on what I could have done to the reel?

2. Banned
    Could be a bent spool pin.

3. Member
    It could be a number of different things. Spool pin, damaged a pinion support bearing, Ive even seen the top of the pinion where it goes into the pinion bearing bend a little. Best bet is to get it to someone who works on them regularly. Steezs can be finicky. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I’ll help you the best I can.

-Bryan
    The Tackle Trap

4. Member
    +1 on the Tackle Trap. I'm sure they'll get you fixed up.

5. Member
    Thanks guys. I was planning on sending this reel in to The Tackle Trap at the end of my fishing season to get it cleaned/lubed. Might have to look at sending it in sooner.