Question New Boat Set up - Need assistance with what to buy

I am setting my boat up with some new electronics and need some help with suggestions;

I am thinking Helix 9 Mega SI G3N at console.

I want 360 Imaging at bow but am not sure what I need up front in the head unit. Do I need DI and 360 or just Chirp and what size screen? I don't want to spend more than about $3.5K or so.

Looking for advice!!!

The new MEGA 360 in not compatible with the CHIRP model, needs to be a SI or DI unit to support it.
    https://www.humminbird.com/learn/ima...GA-360-imaging

The current model can be supported by a CHIRP model, DI model or SI model.

The best display size is the 12"
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Wayne, A couple questions I am trying to clear up before buying:
    If I buy a Helix 12 SI G3N for the console and the smallest price Helix 12 G3N for the bow (head unit only), will I be able to get SI/DI on the unit on the bow if I network the transducer to both?
    If I buy the 360 Imaging, can I network it to both head units? (I know these units are compatible with 360 but not sure about getting the view on both)

Quote Originally Posted by Sdoss18 View Post
    Wayne, A couple questions I am trying to clear up before buying:
    If I buy a Helix 12 SI G3N for the console and the smallest price Helix 12 G3N for the bow (head unit only), will I be able to get SI/DI on the unit on the bow if I network the transducer to both?
    If I buy the 360 Imaging, can I network it to both head units? (I know these units are compatible with 360 but not sure about getting the view on both)
    Network shares data from one unit to the other. You don't select a transducer with Network, you select the unit that has the technology you want to share from.
    So to view MEGA 360 on a CHIRP model, you choose the SI unit as the source for the 360 with the units connected via Ethernet. The MEGA 360 would connect to the SI model's transducer port.

The G3N CHIRP model is not compatible with the MEGA 360 according to the Humminbird website. The current 360 is compatible.
    The G3N CHIRP model is not available CHO like the CHO DI model. CHO=Control Head Only.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

The Network menu does not show any transducers, just the units that are connected together like this:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL