Met ole "Chub" today.

I was watching YouTube videos on boats the other day and saw some strokers, then I looked them up on Google and found out they're built in maryville tn, which was right down the road from the air guard base in Alcoa that I was going to. I stopped by and ended up staying there about 3 hrs. I was hoping to see a regular bass boat in the shop but instead I got to see his wounded warrior boat that they've been working on.
    I really enjoyed talking with Chub and his wife. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for a stroker to check out and maybe take a ride in.

2. Member
    Chub's son Kevin owns Smokey Mountain Boat Repair in Vonore TN, he owns at least on and should have more in his shop. There should also me some others in TN.

3. Member
    It's a treat to sit down and spend time with him. He will keep you entertained for sure.

I sure have enjoyed a few chats over the phone with him over the years. Good people.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

5. Member
    We ended up talking about squirrel hunting. I showed him a pic of a shot I took on a squirrel and he got a pretty good laugh.

6. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    Met them both at a SOTW rally, Kevin introduced me to his dad and Alice and we chatted for a little while they were both just getting ready to leave but he did thank me for taking care of one of his boats the way I do, hope to talk with them both in person again someday.
    LeaLea