Another addition to my arsenal

I received my new ALX Hustler today. If you are looking for a glass rod for cranking look no further. I haven’t decided what reel I’m going to put on it so I grabbed a reel and a Black Label balsa and headed for the dock. Fished for about 1/2 hr after work and caught a small one. The rod is light and stout. Alex's team did a super job on the rod.

2. Member
    Yes sir they did. I actually used it for spinnerbaits and vibrating jigs as well if that’s your thing. I got to boat flip some 5 pounders with it but don’t tell Alex.

Was looking at that rod for throwing 1/2 ounce lipless crankbaits. How do you think it would do ripping from grass?

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin81 View Post
    Was looking at that rod for throwing 1/2 ounce lipless crankbaits. How do you think it would do ripping from grass?
    I will tie one on and give it a try and report

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin81 View Post
    It handled the 1/2 oz lipless with ease. I do not know about jerking it out of grass. The lake I live on has very little grass in it and I was fishing off my dock

Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    It handled the 1/2 oz lipless with ease. I do not know about jerking it out of grass. The lake I live on has very little grass in it and I was fishing off my dock
    thanks for the report!