Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member

2. Member
    Hawq, I want to make sure I understand what you said about the electronics. Are you saying that the transducer in the this MG Tour Pro TM will work with a Humminbird graph for DI/SI/Sonar? I can't believe the transducer in this TM would work with so many models of graphs that are on the market. Maybe that is not what you meant.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    Hawq, I want to make sure I understand what you said about the electronics. Are you saying that the transducer in the this MG Tour Pro TM will work with a Humminbird graph for DI/SI/Sonar? I can't believe the transducer in this TM would work with so many models of graphs that are on the market. Maybe that is not what you meant.

I’m not Hawg, but all the MG videos claim just that. I don’t know how they can do it and the quality might suck??? The MG Pro will also fully integrate with the new Lowrance graphs, the same way that the Ghost will, at least that’s what the videos say.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I’m not Hawg, but all the MG videos claim just that. I don’t know how they can do it and the quality might suck??? The MG Pro will also fully integrate with the new Lowrance graphs, the same way that the Ghost will, at least that’s what the videos say.
    I have a 798 CI/SI Nav combo Humminbird on the bow. If the MG's Tour Pro transducer would work with my Humminbird this motor would be a no-brainer for me. I already have a Tour edition MG so there would be no new holes needed for the mount and hopefully there would no trolling motor interference with the 798. I will have to definitely get a confirmation on that. I too do not see how they can do this.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    I have a 798 CI/SI Nav combo Humminbird on the bow. If the MG's Tour Pro transducer would work with my Humminbird this motor would be a no-brainer for me. I already have a Tour edition MG so there would be no new holes needed for the mount and hopefully there would no trolling motor interference with the 798. I will have to definitely get a confirmation on that. I too do not see how they can do this.
    Dont think it supports si.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    Dont think it supports si.

Agreed, I don’t see how it could. I wish they wouldn’t be so vague on the specs, guess they want people to pre-order and take the gamble.

OSU, I missed the SI part of your question earlier, sorry. But you could still mount your external ducer on the motor. Keep in mind that this model is NOT brushless, still has potential for interference.

7. Member
    Agreed, I don’t see how it could. I wish they wouldn’t be so vague on the specs, guess they want people to pre-order and take the gamble.

OSU, I missed the SI part of your question earlier, sorry. But you could still mount your external ducer on the motor. Keep in mind that this model is NOT brushless, still has potential for interference.
    Thanks grout and chainslinger for the follow up. I am mainly looking for a TM that will provide spot/anchor lock (I really would not use all the other technology) and one that would hopefully not cause interference with my Humminbird graph. Lowrance is brushless but there is no way I would ever pay $3000 for a TM.

8. Banned
    Well sit down my man, the Tour Pro with the built in ducer is about $2800. The non ducer Pro is around $2400 (if I remember correctly)

9. Member
    Well sit down my man, the Tour Pro with the built in ducer is about $2800. The non ducer Pro is around $2400 (if I remember correctly)

OUCH!! Maybe I need to look at the Xi5 which I believe has anchor function.

10. Member
    Thinking the same - I'm interested in spot lock/anchor as well, would be really helpful fishing for stripers and in general on some of the lakes around here. Xi5 may be the ticket since it should​ work with my Lowrance stuff.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

It only supports 2d and di across the different brands, it does not support SI on any brand.

12. Member
    Hey Hawg, I know this is an older thread
    But I am curious why RMP does not sell the MG motors?

13. Member
    Rep. at the Classic told me they'ed ship in 3 weeks.Still waiting.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Hill View Post
    Rep. at the Classic told me they'ed ship in 3 weeks.Still waiting.
    That's kind of what I thought

15. Member
    I have already paid for the new motor guide tour pro with built in transducer still waiting for it to arrive but I did not pay 2800$ for . It will be around 2500$ installed

16. Member
    Waiting...impatiently. It's kinda the key to my complete electronics rebuild. I guess i will just get everything else in place while I wait.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterJim View Post
    The boat sure seemed to drift a lot in anchor mode.
    My thoughts exactly. Motor seemed like it forgot where to go a few times...
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

18. Member
    So... how does MG claim the only "true" cable steer gps troller? Is the ultrex fake?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b00stin4 View Post
    So... how does MG claim the only "true" cable steer gps troller? Is the ultrex fake?
    Simple. The Ultrex is not cable steer and never claimed to be.

20. Member
    My boat guy claims to have access to one. Fingers crossed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast