Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Ya'll must not be old enough. You can google it. The F-16 was plagued with serious electrical and corrosion issues that resulted in crashes, more than enough to draw attention.
    My co-worker has been working 16's since the first Block 5's hit the ramp at Hill AFB and he even said they really never had fly by wire issues. those early aircraft A and B models needed a lot of maintance till the C and D's came along then most issues were resolved.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wakepics View Post
    I also didn't see them show it in use, specifically how fast it is, despite that being one of the features they touched on.

I agree, very vague on the videos. They have more on Facebook, but still nothing better than what RMP has posted.

Hawg or RMP guys, any way to get the weight specs of the Tour Pro?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    My co-worker has been working 16's since the first Block 5's hit the ramp at Hill AFB and he even said they really never had fly by wire issues. those early aircraft A and B models needed a lot of maintance till the C and D's came along then most issues were resolved.
    I started on the block 5's at Macdill, worked on them up to the C/D models at Luke AFB.
    . The only fly by wire issues were with the digital flight control XL experimental version.

4. Member
    These trolling motors are not F 16s obviously, and I seriously doubt they have the quality of components as an F 16, so it's hard to compare it. As to fly by wire, I can fix cables on the water, and have done so, not so much so on electronics.

$1799.00 for a basic TM? This has got out of hand for sure.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron H 520 View Post
    These trolling motors are not F 16s obviously, and I seriously doubt they have the quality of components as an F 16, so it's hard to compare it. As to fly by wire, I can fix cables on the water, and have done so, not so much so on electronics.
    I’m
    $1799.00 for a basic TM? This has got out of hand for sure.
    Yeah this is crazy. Who would pay that when for a few hundred more you could get the ultrex?? Crazy.

I can’t imagine they will sell very many of these. I’m a motorguide fan, and love my current tour. At this price though I would never consider replacing it with another when mine finally craps out.

6. Banned
    I think people are over looking the 1799.00 is for the universal sonar Tour. It is still overpriced. The new Tour non sonar is 1399.00 which is better but still too high. I used to like MG but they were too loud. I have owned many fortrex's and love them but they have flaws as well. I was considering a new MG but that is over. The MG spot lock version if priced right would sell and compete with MK. But MG overpriced that as well.

I was thinking 1800.00 for the new MG spot lock and MK may have had a problem with theirs starting at 2499.00

7. Member
    Where else but BBC could a simple thread about trolling motors morph into one about fly by wire issues on fighter jets.
    Geeezzzz!

We should have one from them within a few weeks and we will get more specific specs and get it on the water on our test boat then.

Thank you,

Justin Russell
    Russell Marine Products, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I agree, very vague on the videos. They have more on Facebook, but still nothing better than what RMP has posted.

Hawg or RMP guys, any way to get the weight specs of the Tour Pro?

9. Banned
    These ain’t even hit market . I’m getting one because it has enough features and compatible with 3 brands finders and real steer cables. Also bet with competition price will be lower by Christmas.
    J D

10. Member
    Looks like Motorguide has addressed several of the problems of the X5, such as difficult latch release, poorly designed breakaway, lack of deploy assist, and plastic foot pedal. Hopefully, they have improved or eliminated the weak cable roller in the foot pedal. Obviously, the X5 is destined for a short product availability.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

I will be upgrading my Fortrex 80, still gathering data but the MG does impress.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

12. Member
    The boat sure seemed to drift a lot in anchor mode.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterJim View Post

Agreed

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterJim View Post
    I noticed that as well. It sure seem like it was.

15. mikesxpress
    Here is my unbiased engineer ICAST review of the new trolling motors:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=995881

I'm not trying to sell you one or even influence your decision. Just basic hands on information from the formal release at the show by a mechanical engineer. No F16's were harmed in the gathering or assembly of the information.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    That’s an awful lot of wander for spot lock in that 1st video.
    I was wondering if I would be the only one who noticed that their anchor system is apparently not very accurate.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

17. Member
    their anchor lock does drift in the video alot back and forth.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    got to play with the tour at ICAST, one really cool feature is you can adjust how much pressure it takes to turn the head. So guys with weak ankles can make it very easy to push, or if bouncing in rough water make it require a harder push, etc. They also said their head speed was 100rpm, while the lowrance was something like 58rpm, so in event you need to make a quick turn (avoid stump) they are much faster. This was from the motorguide guy, so take with grain of salt, but it felt great to operate on stand. But then again all of them were amazing in person. The garmin 'wand' steering was pretty cool, I think a lot of charter guys will like that, have their clients on the bow and they can control the boat from the back seat. 2019, the year of the trolling motor! Lowrance unit was great, but they basically said it wont be available for 1-2 years for production to catch up for the masses. :/
    Bob's Machine - Action Series Jack Plates - DeckPlugs - DeckSavers - QuickSlip - The Big D Trolling motor handle - Much more!
    www.bobsmachine.com

19. Member
    I’d like to see the measurements of the foot pedal of the tour pro. If it won’t fit in a normal recess foot pedal what was MG thinking.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    I’d like to see the measurements of the foot pedal of the tour pro. If it won’t fit in a normal recess foot pedal what was MG thinking.

Sure does have me inquisitive now. I know the Ultrex pedal will fit my tray, surely they aren’t bigger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast