Thread: Indianapolis

Indianapolis

Going to spend 4 or 5 days with the family in Indy and bringing the boat. I've heard Geist is a good lake how much is it to launch there? Any other places good bass fishing near there this time of the year? TIA

2. Banned
    Last I remember it was $30-40 to launch.. but someone will set me straight I'm sure on that.. There is something up going on with Geist and homeowners if I'm not mistaken that has jacked up the launch fee.

Jacob Wheeler was back in town last Tuesday, he fished the Tuesday nighter with one his best friends. They finished 4th with 16.50lbs

Morse is only other lake close to Geist and no clue on what it is to launch there.

Brad, I think it's only $15 or $20 during the week and weekends until 11am. and then $30 or $35 on weekends unless it's changed. Morse should be the same. I don't think the feud going on has affected things....yet.

4. Member
    It’s $20 on weekdays and $35 on weekends. They give you $15 back if your off the water by 11:00 on weekends.

According to my BIL, Morse has stopped giving money back on the weekends. I assume its the same for Geist since its the company.

Edit:

Just talked with my BIL. If you launch Friday night and get off the water early Sat. they will refund $15. If you launch Sat. nite and get off early Sun, they consider that the weekend and no refund.
    Last edited by jc1234; 07-10-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

Took 17 to win this past Tuesday night on Geist. We got second with 16.80. Geist or Morse are really your only options in and around Indy unless you want to fish white river at broad ripple park but I don't recommend it unless you have run it before. You could end up with a major insurance claim. I'd also recommend fishing in the evening during the week on those two lakes. Weekends has a TON of pleasure boat, wake board boat, and jet ski traffic. I personally think Geist is one of the best lakes in the state. You can fish boat docks, grass lines, deep ledges, offshore structure, shell beds and lily pads.

7. Member
    a short drive down to Lemon. cheaper than Geist and good fishing. Weekends still have tons of pleasure boats, but that is every lake.

8. Member
    Thanks for the info everyone. I'll only be up there during the week so I don't have to worry about the weekend mess. That is crazy people are paying $20 to launch on a Tuesday night and then pay entry and still pull 50 boats

50 is the average, we've had 80 boats out there on a Tuesday night.

10. Member
    You could fish Eagle Creek. !0 hp limit. If you have a good trolling moter set up you can still cover a lot of water.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Alverson View Post
    You could fish Eagle Creek. !0 hp limit. If you have a good trolling moter set up you can still cover a lot of water.
    New to Eagle Creek this year, huge fine for putting a boat with a motor larger than 9.9 in the water. Even if you don't use the big motor or have a kicker motor to use, you will get a fine of $2500 and your gear confiscated.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1234 View Post
    New to Eagle Creek this year, huge fine for putting a boat with a motor larger than 9.9 in the water. Even if you don't use the big motor or have a kicker motor to use, you will get a fine of $2500 and your gear confiscated.
    That is bullshit.
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

Quote Originally Posted by HOGIE View Post
    That is bullshit.

Welcome to the logic of the Indiana DNR!!

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    As one not to often defend the I.D.N.R. in all they do, for clarification sake, they don't have a dog in this hunt.. The latest enforcement effort is spearheaded by the Indianapolis Parks Department and from all reports, due to this action, I.D.N.R. has ceased all support of the fishery, including fish stocking of the watershed. Also, the latest enforcement effort is being conducted by the Park Rangers, not state officers..
    Concerning the confiscation of watercraft and "gear", can someone please provide some documentation on this? Who, what, where, and when?? Statute does not provide for that to occur under the circumstances detailed above.
    I stand corrected. Thank you for clarifying.

The following link is a news report. The Parks Dept. refused to be interviewed, so the confiscation of equipment isn't confirmed.

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...7tI4HLbiViHvS4

17. idbefishing
    I for one never understand the logic behind the HP restriction on EC. Other than keeping the lake low traffic benefiting the influential sailboat club, I can't see why.

18. Member
    has anyone confirmed this, I have a 9.9 kicker motor on my boat and was thinking of going out there some before it freezes over
    Jeremy From Indy
    2019 PolarKraft TX 195 Pro
    2019 Suzuki 200SS

19. Member
    Open the Indy channel link , 4 posts up.