Delta Hotel

Gen 1 8ft Talon 3 beeps, won't come up all the way sometimes?

I have 2 Minnkota 8ft Talons that I bought used 2 years ago...Gen 1 2 stage talons probably from 2012-2015. They have been working fine until recently 1 Talon motor doesn't stop when it hits bottom...it keeps running for about 5-10 seconds until I here 3 beeps. It does the same thing when trying to raise it up, however, sometimes it doesn't come all the way to the up position. I took the top covers off and tried to trouble shoot by comparing the 2 Talons...it appears as if it may have an issue with the clutch? I saw a part #2772232 Talon Clutch Replacement Kit...wondering if this is indeed the issue, and also wondering if it is easy to repair/replace? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    Could be the clutch or the wrap drum Check the wrap drum and see if the spring loaded side plate is full inserted into the drum or is it exposed. May need a new wrap drum. That is the right number for the clutch. Wrap Drum is 2777910.

3. Delta Hotel
    Bradrodfish, thanks for the info. Any advise or help with removal/install process of clutch would be greatly appreciated. I definitely think it is the clutch because 1/2 of that part continues to spin while the motor continues to run up/down...

4. Member
    You have to have the right tools. Which one in particular looks like a vise clamp. See bellow. Will have to do some grinding to get it to fit inside the extrusion. This is to clamp the pulley on the bottom end of the Talon so the pulley shaft can be removed.

https://www.zoro.com/irwin-vise-grip...8r/i/G1672763/