Thread: Pool 13???

Pool 13???

Anybody been on Pool 13 lately? I'm planning on heading over next weekend, curious as to what's been working?

2. Member
    A couple weekends ago. Chatter bait, swim jig, Texas rigged baby brush hog. Mostly variations of black blue. Good bite both Saturday and Sunday, All in spring lake. Good luck. I was pleasure boating on pool 14 this past weekend and there was a lot more water than I would have guessed... not sure if that translates to 13 though

3. Member
    Headed out there this weekend as well and talked to a buddy of mine who said white chatter off rock and green pumpkin creature back in the wood was the ticket two weeks ago . Water clarity is getting better in some of the main sloughs . Good luck and let us know how you do .

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I'll report back next weekend. I have a question, when you guys fish Spring how do you narrow down where to start? I've been in there before but it all looks the same to me with all those pads.

5. Member
    I fish the edges of levees and dykes mostly.

6. Member
    That makes sense. I fished with 2 other guys there in the past and they always had me out in what felt like nowhere land.

7. Member
    We were out there last weekend with a friend, water is still high but apparently dropping. My first time in that area but fishing the IBF 6 man team tourney next weekend so wanted to get a feel for the area. We found a few quality fish but it was definitely a tough bite with the water so high.

8. Member
    Did well in current the last couple times out! Got a tournament Sunday.
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY

9. Member
    Well I got out yesterday and it was tough. Fish a lot of different stuff and just could not find anything consistent, one here one there type of day.

10. Member
    Should have been a great day today! We lost a 4lb the partner tried to boat flip. Lost a few 3's. Had almost 11lb with 4 fish! We let at least 2nd place get away.

11. Member
    Nice job Rips!! You obviously did things different than I did!!

12. Member
    Good evening ! Headed to 13 on Sunday am - what's the news ? I'm thinking frog and good ole spinner bait , always have a worm Texas style ready . Anything else working good ?

13. Member
    I was using mostly a white swim jig in current areas. Some pad fish on frogs. Find some cleaner water with grass patches.

14. Member
    Sounds good - I'll tie a swim jig on as well and let you know how it goes . Thanks