MOtorguide X3 reviews

Hey All,

Can anyone tell me how they like a Motorguide x3? i'm looking to replace the factory trolling motor on my triton tr186 and am look at the X3 70lbs, 45" shaft. I feel this is plenty of power and is pretty cheap.

Let's hear it.

-Ben
    2013 Lowe FM165 WT
    90hp Mercury Optimax
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 106sv
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 93sv

2. Member
    I have one on my Crestliner VT17. It does the job and has not had any issues for me. Yeah there are times where I wish I had a bit more power and wish the weeds didn't get caught up or wrapped around the prop but those are things you face with most trolling motors. I wish I went with a Fortrex back when I got the boat instead of just taking what was on it, but all in all its been alright so far. Nothing really exciting, decent power, and its been reliable so I can't complain. I have the same model you are looking at as well 24V/70lbs/45" shaft.

I am looking to upgrade at some point to model with autopilot and spot lock capabilities. Ultrex is what I have my eye on but the new press release for the Motorguide Tour Pro model peaked my interest. Not sure where that will be pricewise though.

3. Member
    The X3 70 lb thrust will do the job on your boat. I had one on a Champion deep V walleye boat and it moved it in the wind fine.

4. Member
    Got a 70# 24v X3 on my 19' ChampioN, does good
    1995 ChampioN 190 1995 Mercury 200 XRI Lowrance Ghost