Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bass Cat Pantera Classic or Vexus 2080

Someday I'll be in the market for a new boat just not right now.

I saw on this board someone comparing a Bass Cat to a Vexus. So I did some searching and compared a Bass Cat Pantera Classic to a Vexus 2080.

I know the Bass Cat is a 19' boat and the Vexus 2080 is a 20' boat but I dd this because both are max rated for 200hp.

Here's what I found on-line for a Bass Cat Pantera Classic / Price $47,500

2019 Bass Cat Classic200 PRO XS 4 STROKE, UPGRADED 4" TANDEM TRAILER, HAMBYS, PRO TRIM, HOT FOOT
    FIBERGLASS STEP BOX, TILTSTEERING, 80LB ULTREX I PILOT, HELIX 9 G3N MEGA SI IN DASH
    HELIX 7 G3N MEGA DI, LINKED TOGETHER, LED REVERS LIGHT

I built a Vexus 2080 similarly equiped and came up with a Price $46,900

EVINRUDE 200 *MINN KOTA ULTREX 80 *HUMMINGBIRD HELIX 9 SI GPS G2N *HUMMINGBIRD HELIX 7 DI AT BOW *Victor PKG (Remote Drain Plug, Adjustable Driver's Seat, Color Matched Bow & Cockpit Panels, Auto Bilge Pump, (2) Two Trolling Batteries, Color Matched Trailer Step Accent, Boat Buckle Tie Downs, and Custom Aluminum Spare Tire.) *CUSTOM FIT COVER *CENTER FOLD DOWN STEP *TANDEM AXLE

So the price difference is $600

My question is this to all of you that have purchased or have decided to purchase a Vexus......

What made you go with a Vexus aluminum when the price basically was not a factor between these two?

Between the two I think it would come down to, Do you want a fibergalss boat or an aluminum boat. I suggest you take the ride to Hall's Marine in Muncy, PA to look at the Vexus. To be honest the 2080 is almost identical in size to the 1980, both have the same front deck, so unless you are stuck on having to have a 200 id look at the 1980.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I looked at both and chose the 2080. The main reason was that the 2080 was 5 inches wider and felt more stable to me with two big guys on the same side of the boat. Both are great boats.

Basscat makes a very fine boat and so does Vexus, you cant go wrong with either.
    Ride and decide.
    Me personally i wanted one without carpet.

5. Member
    I personally went from a Lowe 18wz after 17 yrs of owning it to vexus 1880 and man what a difference in quality and ride and all updated and a much wider and stable boat for rough water and I can see this boat lasting me for 20 + yrs very very pleased all the way around you'll be super happy with the ride and the quality there no speed boat but it gets the job done I have been out over 35 trips to the lake and no big issues yet just little minor stuff I'll have takin Care of later in the year but good luck with your choice

6. Member
    I would also look at resale .

7. Member
    Hard to compare glass to aluminum sorry I don't care how great the Vexus may be. Simply comes down to personal preference. Do you want glass with all the upkeep or the Vexus, which is not an aluminum I would want to bump off a rock either. To me the Pantera Classic is a very basic rig in the glass category, where the Vexus is deemed as the next best thing in the tin field. Both the same price. Personally I would always go with BassCat no knock on Vexus but BCB has been a name for a long time and has a long reputation and resale value. I also like the beam forward layout. Long story short the Vexus wants to be a glass rig at a steep price. Great platforms can't go wrong with either, but I'd opt for the performance and resale of a BCB. No knock on the Vexus, compare it to another aluminum and I would sah Vexus.

BassCat...

Both are great boats. Pretty cool to see how close the Vexus aluminum is compared to a BCB. Vexus has definitely taken the aluminum boat market to the next level.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

10. Member
    You’re exactly right. Aluminum boats have really been emerging as an alternative to a high performance fiberglass bass boat. It gives us another option. Xpress I guess was first, LUND has it’s big water boats and now other great options, and Crestliner is proving an aluminum rig can win in the Pro ranks. I’ve always loved aluminum boats from fishing with my older brother in his Alumacraft FD with 20hp Mercury that we sculled with a paddle sitting on the bow. Then in 1979 I bought my first new boat, a Fisher Marine Fish Hawk with 55hp Evinrude. I took a hiatus from aluminum in 1986 when I found a bank owned ProCraft 1750V w/150hp Mercury for $6000 that was worth $11-12K. I caught a lot of fish out of all of them, and I hope to catch quite a few more out of my new Vexus. It is the most comfortable boat I’ve owned to fish out of, and I get more comments on it than all of the other boats combined.

A person can be happy with any boat. I know I have been. They get me to the lake and allow me to fish which is something I have loved doing since I was eight years old. The main thing is to find a boat you are comfortable with that has a team that stands behind it. Having a dealer close that you trust is very important as well. Good luck to everyone in their search for their perfect fit. I know I have found mine.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

11. Member
    Unless there is a very specific reason you want aluminum, go fiberglass regardless of brand. Fiberglass rides better, handles better, tracks better, fishes better with the trolling motor down, and gets blown around a lot less.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Unless there is a very specific reason you want aluminum, go fiberglass regardless of brand. Fiberglass rides better, handles better, tracks better, fishes better with the trolling motor down, and gets blown around a lot less.
    Why not get what every tin strives to be like, a glass boat, if the money is a wash. That Vexus is sweet, but I'd treat it just like a glass anyways.

Just curious, have your rode or drove a Vexus?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesslk View Post
    Just curious, have your rode or drove a Vexus?
    No sir i have not. But i've owned or fished regularly out of lunds, rangers, crestliners, alumacrafts, lowes, G3's, and trackers.

No sir i have not. But i've owned or fished regularly out of lunds, rangers, crestliners, alumacrafts, lowes, G3's, and trackers.
    I can assure you, as will the other Vexus owners or people that have rode in a one, the ride and handling of the Vexus is on the same level or playing field as any glass boat of similar size.

I can assure you, as will the other Vexus owners or people that have rode in a one, the ride and handling of the Vexus is on the same level or playing field as any glass boat of similar size.

So what you are telling me is if I take a ride in a Bass Cat Pantera Classic and then take a ride in a Vexus 1980 the ride will be just as good no matter what the conditions are?

17. Banned
    Are both of the prices quoted actual prices or just MSRP?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    So what you are telling me is if I take a ride in a Bass Cat Pantera Classic and then take a ride in a Vexus 1980 the ride will be just as good no matter what the conditions are?
    A lot of the ride depends on the driver, but yes, I would put it up against glass boats. My dealership has had their fair share of people trade in perfectly good newer glass boats for a Vexus.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Yep that is exactly what I am saying. If you haven't rode in one yet, like I tell everyone, you won't understand how well these boats ride until you are out on the water riding or driving one. I can go into all the different glass boats I have drove and/or rode in but that fact remains, Vexus designed a boat that the ride is comparable to a glass boat.

20. Member
    Yep that is exactly what I am saying. If you haven't rode in one yet, like I tell everyone, you won't understand how well these boats ride until you are out on the water riding or driving one. I can go into all the different glass boats I have drove and/or rode in but that fact remains, Vexus designed a boat that the ride is comparable to a glass boat.
    The only advantage I see a glass boat having over a AVX, is on big water in a really rough condition, and if it's that bad, a person should not be on it anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast