Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Are both of the prices quoted actual prices or just MSRP?
    Both obtained from dealers with boats for sale.

2. Scraps
    Sounds like a smokin' deal on the BCB.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    For the Bass Cat fans on our Vexus Forum there is a 2018 BC Pantera Classic w/150HP Mercury ProXS (56 hrs) loaded with Helix & Ultrex - $37,000 at Lake Lanier on Facebook (Lanier Baits). There you go...get that deal...and then you can go chat in the BCB forum.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

4. Member
    Haha talk to the OP they asked for a comparison of the two. What's the issue

Just side note regarding the history and reputation. Forrest Wood, Keith Daffron, Randy Hopper, Greg Hopper, Ryan Patterson, George Liddle and the list goes on, have no established history in the bass boat world, is that what is being said?

While the "Vexus" brand may be a new company, the people behind it and designing these boats certainly have an extensive reputation and resumes with the boat building industry. IMO, several of the names above are recognized industry leaders.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Haha talk to the OP they asked for a comparison of the two. What's the issue
    The issue is it just gets old. Why this and not that, and why that and not this. Fiberglass vs Aluminum. Geez. I don’t care what anyone picks. Their is no wrong answer. The boat is a tool to get to the water and fish or whatever. You can spend $500 and be happy or $100,000. Everyone is different, but no one is wrong. I loved my time in my brother’s Alumacraft FD, and before that I loved my time in a homemade Sears wooden boat built from a kit with a 5hp Evinrude. I’ve had a lot of boats mostly on the cheap. I loved them all, because they got me to the lake to fish. I went through a time when I lived on the lake that my fishing boat was a used 24’ Harris Pontoon boat w/100hp Evinrude. We skied behind it, cruised in it, trolled for crappie in it, took the secretaries from work fishing in it. Find a boat you like and go for it. There is no wrong answer. Make it work, be happy. & thanks for letting me vent.

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

Didn't need to a Bass Cat on the comparison, could have been any fiberglass boat close to the same price, length and max HP.

Just a question with all things equal why you that have purchased chose a Vexus over a fiberglass boat.

I have a Tracker 1860 with a 50hp right now. That's all I need for NJ but in the near future I will be in the market for a new boat. The Vexus line of aluminum boats is making me question do I want another aluminum or do I go with a fiberglass rig.

Have a great weekend, sounds like you need it

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbug View Post
    The issue is it just gets old. Why this and not that, and why that and not this. Fiberglass vs Aluminum. Geez. I don’t care what anyone picks. Their is no wrong answer. The boat is a tool to get to the water and fish or whatever. You can spend $500 and be happy or $100,000. Everyone is different, but no one is wrong. I loved my time in my brother’s Alumacraft FD, and before that I loved my time in a homemade Sears wooden boat built from a kit with a 5hp Evinrude. I’ve had a lot of boats mostly on the cheap. I loved them all, because they got me to the lake to fish. I went through a time when I lived on the lake that my fishing boat was a used 24’ Harris Pontoon boat w/100hp Evinrude. We skied behind it, cruised in it, trolled for crappie in it, took the secretaries from work fishing in it. Find a boat you like and go for it. There is no wrong answer. Make it work, be happy. & thanks for letting me vent.
    It was literally the topic of the thread that you opened and posted in.

10. Member
    Just venting. Like I’ve said before, I’m old and impatient here in this forum with all the hand wringing. That is a good point..I probably do need a good weekend of fishing. Lately, it is either ninety effing six degrees or raining buckets. But, I know the fall and winter is coming, so I’m sitting here stirring it up in the Vexus forum. Maybe, I should move to the Bass Cat, Ranger, or Triton forums and ask them if I should buy a Vexus or your chosen boat in this forum and why?
    Last edited by Jimbug; 07-12-2019 at 06:59 PM.

11. Member
    People want information, it was a fair question if u didn't like the topic why read it. Every brand forum has other brand type postings and comparison threads, he was comparing a Vexus and Basscat a couple similar type boats. Didn't see an issue. An go for it, I could care less if u posted in the Triton forum if a Triton TRX is comparable to a Vexus etc... Nobody is trashing anyone, I certainly didn't. Both good platforms.

Hey Grizzly ole buddy oh pal, if you haven't test rode in a Vexus you really should I was hesitant of all the hype too until I rode in one
    the next thing I did was ordered one it's really an amazing boat.

13. Member
    That Vexus is still a tin boat like it or not so you need to decide tin or glass..

14. Member
    I certainly knew prior to ordering my 1980 that glass could be an option. I have owned several boats most of them were glass. I also have ridden in an AVX 1980. It is simply an awesome boat. For myself I had already made the switch from glass to aluminum for practical reasons. One that is a deal breaker for me personally is I simply detest the whole idea of carpet in a fishing boat. Unlike a lot of people my family actually eats a lot of fish (crappie). So my current boat has polyurea flooring and so will my new Vexus. I regularly mess up my boat floors with fish, blood and guts. Super easy to clean polyurea. I love that and wouldn’t even think about trading my rough riding modified V Triton 18 TX for a fantastic glass boat with a dream ride with carpet. Well the beautiful thing now is that Vexus has delivered “The best of both worlds” with an aluminum boat with a glass ride (better ride than my buddies glass Ranger he traded for his Vexus) with no carpet and not having to be paranoid about bumping into things like glass owners are. So hey if glass serves you well go for it. For myself glass regardless of price comparisons has not even been an option. Matter of fact I personally feel so strongly about it that I have no idea why Vexus is even making glass boats as I personally have zero interest in them. Oh, to finish I considered the 2080 and did not go away from it because of initial price. I went away because the fuel consumption of the 200 hp is considerably higher than the 150 hp.

15. Member
    Bass cat boats are proven boats .Vexus is not there yet.In a few years

The Vexus team is more than proven. That cannot be debated. They have proven time and time again that they can build a top notch boat. The AVX is at the top.
    Last edited by Jonesslk; 07-15-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

17. Member
    Don’t be too concerned with the comment from Nicki. He hasn’t said a positive thing about a Vexus boat yet. Don’t take my word for it click on his “View Forum Posts”. Makes you wonder why he keeps hanging out in here. Why is it that you keep hanging out in a forum for the boat you don’t like?

18. Member
    Just making real comments about boats.Better than bashing guys that comments .The aluminum boats are sharp looking boats .

19. Member
    There you go Nicki, that wasn’t so hard was it? Would love a few positive comments mixed in with your others. It’s a forum so opinions differ. I get that.

It truly comes down to “do you want an aluminum or ‘glass boat?” I have been in both and owned Basscats. I would be comfortable buying either one for long-term purchases. If you are a boat flipper (buy new every 1-2 years) then resale is a slight gamble on the Vexus as they are so new to the market. Their resale trends have not been established yet. Vexus are well-made boats, no doubt.

To the Vexus defenders, don’t be so thinned skinned. The hype leading up to the introductions was a bit over-the-top using catch phrases like “revolutionary.” Trolling motors, livewells and GPS were true game changers. Not much since has been revolutionary...

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast