Thread: LUND BOAT CO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin08 View Post
    Any chance you bought your Lund in Racine Wisconsin? If so, I bought a Lund from that dealer from Hell too. I’m glad his business failed. I learned a good lesson though and that is, alway’s check out a dealer before buying a boat from him.
    No, Naperville Illinois

2. Member
    Lund doesn't do changes to the standard features of the boat once ordered. Custom changes would mess up the assembly line. Omissions actually slow things down. Efficiency is key...and to deviate from the line setting assembly also encourages mental blunders. This is not just a Lund situation, it is very common in the industry.

3. Member
    I submitted the request change w/the initial order, if
    the salesman did his part. Obviously is was a no go from
    day 1. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

4. Member
    I can tell you first hand Lund making the smallest changes to a product can be interesting. In about 2003 or 04 I brought Lund into the Dallas Boat Show. I displayed at least 20 Lunds. The entire space was dedicated to Lund. I had most of Lunds lineup in the show. At that time the 18 Mr Pike and 18 Explorer I had made a slight modification to "A Sticker". One said "Texas Addition Mr Pike", the other said "Crappie Addition Explorer". When my Rep showed up from Lund and seen these "stickers" his face turned red with insult. He phoned his boss at once to inform him that I had altered these two boats. The phone was handed to me and only a few words were said. How many of these with these stickers have you sold in the 3 days of the show? 13 Crappie Addition Explorers and 4 Texas Addition Mr Pikes. He asked me to return the phone back to the Rep there was some grumbling and the phone call was over. I asked so whats the outcome. His response was the boss said get more stickers. The Mr Pike went away but the Crappie Addition Explorer was born. Three seat bases across in the bow for Spidder Rigging and a small bait tank added on the deck along with my "Crappie Addition Sticker".

This modification to the Explorer boat took a bit of time of reworking the front deck. Door hatches and framing had to be reworked to allow for the extra seat bases and bait tank etc. If it was not for the sales based on just a sticker and a very upset Rep. The changes to this boat that I was needing would not have happened. During my time as a "Lund Dealer" we considered our boats to be perfect the way they were no changes needed.

OP sounds as if the salesperson may have put in for the change not knowing as T-Mac stated Omissions disrupt the line and cause problems for these large boat builders. His job was to inform you that these changes could not be made as soon as he was informed of this not going to happen. A Rep or the factory should have never needed to be involved. Dealerships and Sales should know the rules of their manufacturer. Good luck on the boat and enjoy.

5. Member
    Texoma...nice story. I imagine that you meant your stickers said Addiction..not Addition. Or, maybe, Edition.

6. Member
    Yes my spelling and grammar these days are pretty lazy. Drives my wife crazy. Your Edition looks much better than my Addition. But my Addition sounds better than your Edition in my head.

7. Member
    Ha Ha

8. Member
    So what was the outcome with Great Scott? Did he cancel the order?

9. Banned
    I tried to have my RT 188 built with no paint on the bottom. Even though this was an option in years past it's no longer that way. Some of the other issues I found when I got it home helped me understand why. It's pretty easy to see that unlike rangers I have owned in the past (6 boats) building them is all about production now. I guess that's the way things are with how supply lines work.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    So what was the outcome with Great Scott? Did he cancel the order?

Your "buy made in the USA" is rather comical at this point. I asked my ranger dealer if we could ship my new boat overseas to have it fixed. Workmanship was that bad :-(

11. Member
    Nope its still ordered for my part. Maybe Lund should screen their buyer to see
    if they are acceptable. Its a hell of a note when your money will only buy what someone
    else wants you to have.
    I'm really to old to have gotten in this transaction to begin with, but I didnt use my gut instinct.
    LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Your "buy made in the USA" is rather comical at this point. I asked my ranger dealer if we could ship my new boat overseas to have it fixed. Workmanship was that bad :-(
    I would expect this to be the case more now with the new ownership. I think the term they used was "synergies".

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    Nope its still ordered for my part. Maybe Lund should screen their buyer to see
    if they are acceptable. Its a hell of a note when your money will only buy what someone
    else wants you to have.
    LDS
    Sounds like living in a HOA!!!

14. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Scott View Post
    Its a hell of a note when your money will only buy what someone
    else wants you to have.
    No different than the automakers. Oh, you want that 6.2l? Well, you HAVE to order this package with $7000 of shit that you don't want.

15. Member
    yep, I understand the auto thing. I bought a truck w/a 6.2 engine
    and in that package is leather seats. I dont like leather. Ever vehicle
    I have ordered has been cloth., but to get the motor, you get leather.
    The want for the motor out weighed the seat cover. I hate being
    force fed anything and when its on my dime I like it even less.
    LDS

UHD 93SV at the console.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12