Lake Gunterville who to hire for a Guide ?

Hey yall
    Im reaching out here to see who would yall reccomend as a bass guide on Lake Gunterville?
    We will be visting friends in Muscle Shoals ( July 19 thru 22nd) and since Gunterville is a bucket list lake for me lol i just gotta go ! especially after seeing what the elites done when they were there.
    Fork is my home lake and it will just be myself and im used to the big crankbaits,Spoons,jigs and swimbaits.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated !

2. Member
    Well I fish Guntersville quite a bit and have never hired a guide, but I am definitely considering it. Look up Lake Guntersville Bass Fishing on Facebook. On that Facebook page a lot of people seem to like Donald Johnson and Lonnie Cochran. The post their pics on the page and really seem to be killing it out there. Bringing in a lot of big fish. I am considering taking a trip out to Texas at Some point to fish. Lake Fork is on my fishing bucket list. You got any good information for that?

3. Member
    Fishing partner has been with mike carter twice in past two weeks. Has caught numbers and fish over 6 pounds on both trips. We went with jim leary(guntersville bass guides) day after elites were there and we caught alot of fish and had 22lbs or so with best 5.

Tim chandler would be my go to
    2010 NITRO Z8 w/ 225 OPTI

5. Member
    Thank yall i really Appreciate it !!! any idea what type of fishing we may be doing ?
    SShorter yes i do and wouldnt mind a bit giving you any info on Lake Fork any idea on the time of the year you would be visting ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    Thank yall i really Appreciate it !!! any idea what type of fishing we may be doing ?
    SShorter yes i do and wouldnt mind a bit giving you any info on Lake Fork any idea on the time of the year you would be visting ?
    When current has been running the guide trip i was on day after elites were there and my fishing partner went with mike carter same week. We were fishing river bars with moving baits and bull shads. Last trip with mike carter there was no current and they were dragging jigs. If you go with Mike carter will be a mix of topwater, bull shad, and jigs

7. Member
    Thank you , deep water dragging jigs or flipping them in Grass ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    Thank you , deep water dragging jigs or flipping them in Grass ?
    10-20ft

9. Member
    What nobody suggests Alex Davis?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Just suggesting who ive personally been with and fishing partner has been with. Fishing partner has been with mike carter 3 times in the past 3 weeks and has caught numbers and size on every trip. Plenty of 5 pluses with some 6 and 7s. I went with fishing partner with jim leary(guntersville bass guides) couple weeks back and we smoked them and had some good ones. I hear several other guides are good but have never been with them

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Definitely a top choice, if the FLW isn't competing, he's a great kid and come along way since moving to Guntersville. Tim Chandler a well, I would recommend doing your homework and find full time guide, one that doesn't fish local tourneys would be a plus I was looking, but good luck and have a good trip!!

12. Member
    Sure do Appreciate all the input and recommendations , if i can help yall with a trip to lake fork please let me know.
    Thank yall again !

13. Member
    Sorry to be late, but I think the best two are John Maner and Tim Chandler. I know John well and he is unreal on Guntersville, plus being a really nice guy.

14. Member
    Just wanted to take a minute and Thank yall again for all your input. made phone calls and sent emails to the guys yall recommenced and got a fishing trip with Donald Johnson booked !

15. Member
    I went out with Donald a month or so ago. Very professional guy to be in the boat with. I had a good time with him.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

16. Southern BAMA Bassin
    tackle Trap has plenty.